Author Topic: Graphical Error and having really stuffty pictures and suddenly maps?  (Read 3397 times)

Does the Mac feel too hot sometimes?
I have it on a desk so I never feel it, but the fan does get pretty hot behind it.

It's a big problem with your GPU memory. I'm going to guess your GPU memory is corrupted and that's not something you can fix software side. You'll need to take the machine in and get it repaired.
You all kind of ignored this point

Looks kinda swag to me...

i think this is better than the normal graphics; wanna swap??

i think this is better than the normal graphics; wanna swap??
Totally.

I've been getting some help from the Kerbal Space Program thread too, one saying
Oh man thats beautiful. But Yea, your graphics drivers are flipping right out, looks like it doesn't like the concept of LOD (Level of Detail) calculations right now. At all.
and the other saying

From there, click Graphics/Displays from the list on the left, and there you will see either one or two cards. If you have two, there's a very handy menu bar application thingy you can download that shows you which graphics card is currently in use, and it allows you to select between the two. So if you want to run your game using the discrete graphics card (which my MacBook Pro does automatically with no issues), you can select it from the menu dropdown before launching KBS. To get it, Google "gfxCardStatus"

Edit: I just tried running on the integrated (Intel) graphics, and it ran fine (albeit a bit stuttery; it's not the most powerful graphics processor in existence)

Maybe you have defective parts or something.

WHAT
WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS THIS forgetERY

WHAT
WHAT IN GOD'S NAME IS THIS forgetERY
It's called MacBook Pro Intel Core i5.

It's a big problem with your GPU memory. I'm going to guess your GPU memory is corrupted and that's not something you can fix software side. You'll need to take the machine in and get it repaired.
Posting this again.

It's not LOD calculations like the first guy said. If it were, all you'd be getting is very pixelated graphics mixed with normal graphics. You're getting things like Youtube bars showing up in other games, which is showing your graphic cache was unable to clear, which points straight to the GPU memory.

Seems believable. YouTube timeline bars showing up as a texture within Blockland.

Not to mention that, "Post in the right section otherwise people won't help you." means nothing when no one even looks at the Help thread in the first place.
Not sure what you're talking about. 11 topics were responded to today alone. With only 2 topics not being responded to today yet.

Off topic but I lol'd so hard at the image of the youtube video bar.
Dillpickle, watch research then go into single-player
does the research go onto the ground

Dillpickle, watch research then go into single-player
does the research go onto the ground

Most likely.

Posting this again.

It's not LOD calculations like the first guy said. If it were, all you'd be getting is very pixelated graphics mixed with normal graphics. You're getting things like Youtube bars showing up in other games, which is showing your graphic cache was unable to clear, which points straight to the GPU memory.

So it's a CPU error. Is there any way that could fix this without modifying my machine or doing anything extreme? Again, running of a school owned computer so the chances of doing something drastic isn't very ideal. Thanks for the help though.

So it's a CPU error. Is there any way that could fix this without modifying my machine or doing anything extreme? Again, running of a school owned computer so the chances of doing something drastic isn't very ideal. Thanks for the help though.
So it's a CPU error.
CPU error

Posting this again.

Okay.