Author Topic: Damage falloff - damage on weapons decreases as projectile flies futher  (Read 961 times)

Pretty much explained in the title, I was wondering if we could implement a script that could let people let their weapons function with its projectile's damage increasing as the collided victim gets closer and damage decreasing as the collided victim gets further

this stuff is already on page two and not far from page three...
what am I doing wrong?

what am I doing wrong?

what ?

Its like half of all the topics I start simply die or get derailed instantly.

Its like half of all the topics I start simply die or get derailed instantly.

why ?

Don't ask me. I have no idea. Perhaps I am extremely boring and my ideas suck.

This is a good idea. Happy?

It would be good, although most sniper weapons would have to have boosts to their power in order to function well over long distances. Otherwise, what's the point in sniping?

Don't ask me. I have no idea. Perhaps I am extremely boring and my ideas suck.
This one doesn't. Be optimistic.

You don't have to pity me. I'm not seeking that.

Of course, you would have to give such damage falloff to specific weapons perhaps by manually giving the weapons variables within their Image datablocks.
Otherwise, things like the Sniper would probably become ultimately useless like you said.

In snipers,It should be the closeryou are,less damage because I hate it when people use the military sniper from 5 feet away and spawnkill.

That's a good point as well...
Perhaps parameters for what the damage at a certain distance and beyond and a certain distance and closer?
that way we could even flip the system
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:59:48 PM by The Titanium »

what am I doing wrong?
Maybe because its not really exciting like a new vehicle or something would be.

the only thing is how we are going to do this.
._.