Author Topic: Environment Zone 1.1 | Per-client environments | Multiple worlds!  (Read 39618 times)

You can do it the other way around though, make the global environment be indoors and put a few zones outside to add water.

For people having trouble getting the dll to load on start, the latest commits on BlocklandLoader seem to fix it. I went ahead and compiled it:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/na4vwqn7rarsldx/BlocklandLoader.dll

If bl doesn't start after replacing the dll, try installing the 2017 redistributable:
https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/#microsoft-visual-c-redistributable-for-visual-studio-2017

Well, this broke Blockland, even with the 2017 redistributable.

I get an error message claiming that api-ms-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from my computer.
I uh, dont know what that is.

I luckily saved my older version otherwise Id be downright forgeted.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:45:14 PM by Mr.Noßody »

I don't know what that is either.
Did you install both the x64 and the x86 redistributable?

I don't know what that is either.
Did you install both the x64 and the x86 redistributable?

Oh no, just the x64. Ill try that
No that still doesn't work.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:13:28 AM by Mr.Noßody »

Oh no, just the x64. Ill try that
No that still doesn't work.

I searched a bit for that file name and the common solutions seem to be:
1) Run windows update and install all available updates
2) Install this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

If that also doesn't help, I guess there's no way to fix it.

Might be fixable without needing any user workarounds by compiling both the DLL and BlocklandLoader with a much older version of VS (think 2010 or earlier, or the equivalent platform toolset).

Might be fixable without needing any user workarounds by compiling both the DLL and BlocklandLoader with a much older version of VS (think 2010 or earlier, or the equivalent platform toolset).

I only have VS 2017 installed now. Why don't you do that and post the build on github?

But it's weird that the selective ghosting dll works fine, it was built with VS 2015, and supposedly the redistributables are identical? Doesn't really make sense...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 02:28:05 PM by Zeblote »

is it possible to copy environment settings from one envzone and paste the exact same to another? if i have a house which isnt square and therefor needs more than one envzone, id like to be able to have the same exact settings on each one of them rather than estimate whatever is roughly the same thing and subsequently have it break immersion or something like that i guess

You can try:
findEnvZoneByName("Zone1").environment.copyFrom(findEnvZoneByName("Zone2").environment);

Not sure if it works, can't test at the moment.

thank you for the help but it didnt work

Just tested it on my server, works completely fine. Make sure you aren't inside any of the zones when you run the command

i tried doing both, and just so you know i put in the correct names. im not really sure what i could have done wrong

yo this is brilliant

i tried doing both, and just so you know i put in the correct names. im not really sure what i could have done wrong

Are you using a dedicated server maybe? The command has to be run from the server console.