Poll

What is your favorite type of terraining?

Basic Cubescaping
60 (27.4%)
Unaligned Cubescaping
27 (12.3%)
Normal Brickscaping
39 (17.8%)
Rampscaping
12 (5.5%)
Platescaping
17 (7.8%)
Mix
64 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 219

Author Topic: ██ Terraining - How-To Guide ██ Updated 3/20/13 - Rampscaping  (Read 36517 times)

I wish this was made a few years ago, Before I taught myself how to do all of this..

I miss the days when this mattered a lot to the general public, but at least its regaining momentum after the terrain generator peek and the RPGs that have come out. I'd love to see an epic type of map that I (Joxus) and Conan ad the gang were working on similar par to Althur but less brick consuming to be able to be accessible to the general public. Terrain is still alive and kicking, it just needs to get rolling down the hill to gather some moss before it can.

This has been a great help, thank you so much Conan! Can you make a vegetation section one day? This is a great "Catalog" on various terrain types, and should be "Post-it'd" or whatever it is called.

This has been a great help, thank you so much Conan! Can you make a vegetation section one day? This is a great "Catalog" on various terrain types, and should be "Post-it'd" or whatever it is called.
its "sticky-ed," and thanks. As for vegetation, I'm no good at it but there's a little bit on how to use it to suggest paths in the specific types - paths section.

took your advice from those original two landscapes that I posted earlier
beefed up the tree with a bush(ido) touch (under 150 bricks)

in other news I also found a more conservative, but satisfying terrain molding for myself lol
this was the splitoony outcome (500ish bricks)

thoughts/opinions?

took your advice from those original two landscapes that I posted earlier
beefed up the tree with a bush(ido) touch (under 150 bricks)

doesn't look that realistic but has its own unique touch

its like the truffula tree in look

in other news I also found a more conservative, but satisfying terrain molding for myself lol
this was the splitoony outcome (500ish bricks)

thoughts/opinions?
i think you could have used less bricks but that looks good and is basically how to shape terrain
replicate on large scale = yeah

also, remember on a larger scale you also have more levels of control over layer thickness and development. i guess its pretty obvious that is available though

keep on terraining :)
you're pretty much set as far as I've seen

I think you've overdone it. Too much detail. Less bricks does not mean less quality.

wow, you added a lot. This is a great guide!

If I haven't said this before, (which I haven't) I support this thread, you shoulda reserved 3-4 posts at the beginning. Good job Conan!

Bump for Pathing Update (found under special formations)