Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 131093 times)

Ryde takes a deep breath, before walking up and patting him on the shoulder.

Chima turns looks a bit confused. The a couple of the workers glance at you, others continue to talk in the background.

"Can I help you man?"

Norum sits down on her right, inhales, hinting uneasiness as he shakily exhales, and speaks quietly, "Name's Norum..." he pauses, mouth open, wondering what to say, before leaning ever so slightly toward Catalina, "I know that I'm more or less a stranger to you, but someone caused your migraines, am I right?" He sits back up. Catalina would see that Norum is keeping his stare forward.

Catalina is quiet for a several seconds.

"No- No, I get cluster headaches," she claims.

She continues to hide her face.

Norum leans back again, still keeping his voice down "Stress, perhaps? If it were all due to stress, I wouldn't be paralyzed the moment someone cuts me off on the road. And in my experience, stress usually doesn't warrant acute neuropathic pain." Norum tries not to emphasize any of his wording so as to sound least threatening as possible.

"Is your name Chima, sir?", Ryde says rather buisness-like.

Norum leans back again, still keeping his voice down "Stress, perhaps? If it were all due to stress, I wouldn't be paralyzed the moment someone cuts me off on the road. And in my experience, stress usually doesn't warrant acute neuropathic pain." Norum tries not to emphasize any of his wording so as to sound least threatening as possible.

"Haven't you heard of a stress headache?"

Catalina is breathing pretty heavy.

"Is your name Chima, sir?", Ryde says rather buisness-like.

"What do you need man?" he asks, raising an eyebrow, "Do I know you?"

"No, we don't. I'm from the company. My names Rod Smith, pleased to meet you.", Ryde extends his hand all business-like. "Sorry if I uh... Look all scraggly but I got rushed out here. Cut-throat business am I right?", he'd chuckle before continuing. "Right, I've got some questions from the higher-ups for you. Can't say what here because of the extra ears.", Ryde explains, trying to keep a business man-like tone to his voice.

"Yes, I have them." Norum reaches into his jacket and pulls out the flask, offering it to Catalina, "This usually helps."

"No, we don't. I'm from the company. My names Rod Smith, pleased to meet you.", Ryde extends his hand all business-like. "Sorry if I uh... Look all scraggly but I got rushed out here. Cut-throat business am I right?", he'd chuckle before continuing. "Right, I've got some questions from the higher-ups for you. Can't say what here because of the extra ears.", Ryde explains, trying to keep a business man-like tone to his voice.

Ryde FEL: 23
Ryde is trained in Deception, +/- 0
Chima is suspicious, -10
Test taken at 13
Roll: 18
Test Failed by 1 Degree

Chima PER: 25
Chima is not trained in Scrutiny, -20
Test taken at 5
Roll: 26
Test Failed by 2 Degrees

Chima isn't sold. A most of the workers are watching the blaze but a couple of them are watching you and Chima.

"What kinda fing is so important dae didn't have my manager come to me 'bout it?" he asks, curiously.

"Yes, I have them." Norum reaches into his jacket and pulls out the flask, offering it to Catalina, "This usually helps."

Catalina glances at the flask through her hands, still hunched over. Her eyes are watering and she looks fearful of the flask.

"No- no thank you,"

She looks back to the ground.

"What makes you think 'someone' is causing my headaches?" she asks. Her voice sounds like her nose is stuffed.

"Oh its not from your manager, see...", he leans in, whispering. "Its from the company itself. We're seeming some potential from you, and we're willing to give you a well-paying job in the company if you come with me and answer some questions.", he whispers before finally pulling away.

Norum tucks it back away, "I know, not the answer for everyone."

He sighs and takes out his phone and opens a new text document, and begins tapping away.

I'll just be up-front. I've been looking for a guy who goes by the name of 'The Doctor' for over a year now. I was born without functioning legs and ended up with these ones.

Norum knocks on his metallic knee to illustrate.

Some friends and acquaintances of mine have also had similar operations, augmented limbs and sensory organs, you name it. Problem is, it came with huge defects. I am subject to seizures and paralysis if I so much as take a sip of caffeinated coffee, or am under too much stress, hence the drink...

He pauses, then presses carriage return twice.

I don't want any money from you. Or personal information. Not even your pity. Hopefully, you won't need to see me again after today. I only want to know if you know anything about him, the Doctor.

"Oh its not from your manager, see...", he leans in, whispering. "Its from the company itself. We're seeming some potential from you, and we're willing to give you a well-paying job in the company if you come with me and answer some questions.", he whispers before finally pulling away.

Ryde FEL: 23
Ryde is trained in Deception, +/- 0
Chima is suspicious, -10
Test taken at 13
Roll: 44
Test Failed by 4 Degrees

Chima PER: 25
Chima is not trained in Scrutiny, -20
Test taken at 5
Roll: 48
Test Failed by 5 Degrees

Chima still doesn't seem convinced.

"My manager is part of the company, man, I don't fink I've done somefin' that would make me his boss,"

He turns his head towards two men watching the blaze twenty meters away.

"Hey Mistah Green, you know a man named Rod Smif?"

One of them shouts back, "Who?"

Both the figures start walking your way. You get a feeling that you probably can't sell the lie to Chima's manager.

Norum tucks it back away, "I know, not the answer for everyone."

He sighs and takes out his phone and opens a new text document, and begins tapping away.

I'll just be up-front. I've been looking for a guy who goes by the name of 'The Doctor' for over a year now. I was born without functioning legs and ended up with these ones.

Norum knocks on his metallic knee to illustrate.

Some friends and acquaintances of mine have also had similar operations, augmented limbs and sensory organs, you name it. Problem is, it came with huge defects. I am subject to seizures and paralysis if I so much as take a sip of caffeinated coffee, or am under too much stress, hence the drink...

He pauses, then presses carriage return twice.

I don't want any money from you. Or personal information. Not even your pity. Hopefully, you won't need to see me again after today. I only want to know if you know anything about him, the Doctor.

"Do you need new legs?" Catalina asks quietly.

You get the feeling that perhaps the reality of why you want to see the Doctor wouldn't sit well with Catalina.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:14:07 AM by Mr. Hurricane »

Ryde sighs quietly, trying not to freak out on Chima, but also waiting for the manager.

No, I

He clears that text.

It's

He pauses for a moment, the cursor marker blinking in place.

—I got these legs from the doctor, but they are a hackjob deal. I'm an Inhuman... If I were to get them replaced, they'd charge me out the ass and quite possibly throw me in jail for the legs I now have.

He presses carriage return twice.

We don't know who the doctor is. We don't even know if he *is* a doctor in the first place, or if he's Aurian at all. Right now, I don't know enough, and I need to decide how to use the evidence. I don't know how much time I have left.

Ryde sighs quietly, trying not to freak out on Chima, but also waiting for the manager.

Mr. Green comes into view. The man wears a beard with gray brushed in, and looks you over with beady brown eyes. His expression is taut with seriousness.

"Bossman, you know this guy Rod Smif? He says he's from the office, and gots questions. Wants to give me a promotion or somefin' like that,"

Mr. Green looks you over.

"Don't know him. Never seen him," he says to Chima.

The man turns your gaze to you.

"What's your business mate?"

Ryde gets the feeling in his gut that the jig is up.

No, I

He clears that text.

It's

He pauses for a moment, the cursor marker blinking in place.

—I got these legs from the doctor, but they are a hackjob deal. I'm an Inhuman... If I were to get them replaced, they'd charge me out the ass and quite possibly throw me in jail for the legs I now have.

He presses carriage return twice.

We don't know who the doctor is. We don't even know if he *is* a doctor in the first place, or if he's Aurian at all. Right now, I don't know enough, and I need to decide how to use the evidence. I don't know how much time I have left.

"Doctor Ogilvy-" Catalina says, "The same doctor?"

She sits up and looks at you, squinting in pain.

"What do you want with him then?" She says with an accusatory tone.

Norum turns to her, blinking, eyes widened, "Doc– you know his n–?!"

Norum catches himself—his eyes return relaxed, then suspicious. He then types quickly.

Hopefully, I need to do nothing...Is this someone you see regularly?

"Look, I'm gonna be honest. I need 'm so I can ask him some questions is all. No funny business.", he says.