Author Topic: I've 100% had it with these loving islam asylum seekers  (Read 27185 times)

Uh, yeah, you loving did.Right there. They're probably giving you dirty looks because you act like this, or because you speak like a handicap.
why am I the one under questioning? You have yet to find a place where ANY other religion says child enthusiasm is right or where Rape and murder is fine aslong as they're infidels

And I didn't mean to imply that the Quran has family values, also even in america you still have to smile and wave at the morons of the earth, like I would to you :) *waves
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:45:32 AM by SuperFlaminninja³ »

why am I the one under questioning? You have yet to find a place where ANY other religion says child enthusiasm is right or where Rape and murder is fine aslong as they're infidels
You're either completely ignoring what I was pointing out, or you don't know how to speak English.

You're either completely ignoring what I was pointing out, or you don't know how to speak English.
I edited it

The only thing different about Christianity is that it's (I'm assuming) your religion.
People get this whole "my religion is better and wouldn't do that" attitude
And it's compounded by the fact that a lot of Christians don't read the bible beyond the select nice verses their pastors/whatever other church leader selects, whereas I believe Judaism and Islam make a much bigger ritual of reading their book.

It's funny that you'd go straight to the "But that's the old testament!" cop-out when I never said old testament. There's plenty of nasty stuff in the new testament as well.
What nasty stuff? Please be more specific in your accusations. You make better points that way.

What nasty stuff? Please be more specific in your accusations. You make better points that way.
this

Quote from: superflamingsomethingidk
yes I do feel unsafe around muslims because of how they look at me and I swear to god next time I see one look at me like they hate my guts just because I'm american I'm going to take a picture, Because guess what bitches your in america if you want to stay here act like americans and deal with the "white skins"
The more comfortable you get with different types of people, the more comfortable they get with you. You just gotta realize that you're both human and they would probably accept you into their society if there was turmoil in your country. Be kind to your neighbors, and they'll be kind to you.

Okay so who cares about Christianity in comparison with Islam in this argument. Supposing that 20 kids were mauled by bears thousands of years ago, that was then and this is now. You don´t hear about people getting mauled by bears for being heretics or whatever anymore.

What´s happening right now in Europe and soon in this United States is an issue that actually affects us. We can´t think of it as if it´s in a vacuum, but we cannot focus on unrelated things.

The fact that Christianity (and I guess ancient Hebrew if you look at the Old Testament) used to be absolutely savage does not justify the fact that Europe is having a problem with the quantity of refugees flooding in, nor does it change the fact that some of these refugees are hugely problematic (as in they´re raping and killing European women).

Yeah, we kinda derailed.
I know it probably counts as racial profiling but maybe the police over in Europe ought to keep a closer eye on the immigrants.

It's not hard to Google "violence in the new testament"
I'll do it for you

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html - a list of violent verses. Some aren't bad, some are terrible.http://spencerwatch.com/2011/05/22/the-“but-that’s-just-the-old-testament”-cop-out/ - regarding the "just the old testament" cop-out
http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/04/jesus-loves-his-enemies-and-then-kills-them-all/ - comparing Jesus and Muhammed

Okay so who cares about Christianity in comparison with Islam in this argument.
The problem is that people are using the violence in another religion's holy book, while being oblivious to the violence in their own book, as an argument to not allow the refugees.

If someone wants to argue against the refugees with an actual argument (like, say, economic impact, or something) then I'm not going to argue against them. Mostly because I don't really have a clear opinion on it (or immigration in general, really) myself. But at least use a fair argument, not "I hate them cuz religion"

But at least use a fair argument, not "I hate them cuz religion"

i think all of the real issues are unrelated to that anyway. however, the bottom line is that the difference in their culture and the way the immigration is being handled is proving to be detrimental to the countries allowing the refugees in.

It's not hard to Google "violence in the new testament"
Look. you want me to tell you all the problems with these? Because there are a lot of problems with context and misinterpretation. I'll spend the time, just ask. Thats a lot to cover though, so I'll PM you the details unless you want me to adress something specific here.

However, I will address the main argument. The main gripe these writers, and presumably yourself, have is that God will eventually bring ruin to his enemies in violent ways, and that Jesus condones the actions of the old testament as the representative of the new covenant.
First off, Jesus is both the son of God and the incarnation of God. God is the same God at any point in time. Of course he would agree with himself.
Second, God is the definition of true Justice by christian standards. It is his job to judge and punish the guity and to defend and aquit the innocent. There is the key.

You see, the big difference between Christianity and Islam is that the Muslims are called to judge those who sin, whereas Christians acknoledge(or SHOULD acknowledge) that only God can truly judge what is right, and that Vengance is the Lord's.(see deuteronomy 32:35 and Romans 12:19).
Christians are actually advised not to take revenge and justice into their own hands. That is why any terrorist group commiting violent acts in the name of the Hebrew God is most certainly not of the Bible or of God.
If God truly cannot stand one of his enemies any longer, he will deal with it. Not us.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 01:04:58 PM by Moppy »

New testament is irrelevant if you dont also take the old. Christians cant pick and choose the parts they like.
Both entirely apply to the entire religion, thats it.

New testament is irrelevant if you dont also take the old. Christians cant pick and choose the parts they like.
Both entirely apply to the entire religion, thats it.
I couldnt agree more.
The only part that is sort of void is the law and even then, it provides good advice as to how to live life.

what the forget happened in here

Well it wasnt exactly cake and funtimes 20 pages ago, either.