Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1312574 times)

Oh.

I mean, its up to Espio if he actually has the money for it lol.

ill take it

I need an external hard drive,
Shipping is like €7+ (international)
But I want to use it
Somehow
I wont get an optical drive and that has windows on it so I can use it as a way to install windows on it.
But I have an external hdd tho so that works too. Or I can just jack the optical drive my my sisters desktop (wich is actually mine)

I just noticed there is $40 of my cpu and $20 of my mobo.
But somehow the price on the entire builld dropped by $100.
Either way im ordering the parts that are off :^)

I just noticed there is $40 of my cpu and $20 of my mobo.
But somehow the price on the entire builld dropped by $100.
Either way im ordering the parts that are off :^)
don't
buy your whole thing together or you risk having un-returnable doa parts

don't
buy your whole thing together or you risk having un-returnable doa parts
Unreturnable wat?

Also king of LGA1150 not really

Thought this was some BDSM kit.
It even comes with a safeword suggestion book!

dead-on-arrival parts
But why are they unreturnable? Doesnt it come with a warranty?

But why are they unreturnable? Doesnt it come with a warranty?
^^

So I might be buying my pc tomorrow. But its a gaming and rendering/streaming/recording/whatevertheforget pc.
Sooooo
i5, AMD 8 core or a p expensive Xeon?
The xeon goes over my budget with like 80 bucks and the i5 and AMD with only 20.

Since we don't know which Xeon you're talking about, I'd say the i5.

Considering if he even wants a Xeon in the range of not being the same as an i5 then he has to spend at least 300 on it plus a server grade mobo to even take advantage of rendering 1 second faster on said cpu. Xeons will render better when you dual socket then but that costs a lot of money.

Im planning to go and make my first custom computer and use it as a home server for file storage and probably some web hosting
Should I go for a Xeon processor or an iX processor?
I plan on  using it for personal reasons (no im not storing research in there, so dont even think about it.);
I understand Xeons can have more cores than an i7 due to Hyperthreading, but I find most i7s have a higher clock speed and Im kinda confused on whether or not having multiple cores is an advantage over a higher clock speed.

I understand Xeons can have more cores than an i7 due to Hyperthreading, but I find most i7s have a higher clock speed and Im kinda confused on whether or not having multiple cores is an advantage over a higher clock speed.
i7's also use hyperthreading btw