Author Topic: Edgeless Computer Monitors?  (Read 9005 times)

I haven't found a single edgeless monitor ANYWHERE.  I don't mean almost edgeless, I mean literally edgeless.  I want to put 6 monitors together in a sort panoramic view for gaming, but all leading-brand monitors have chunky edges around the sides, which would totally ruin the look I'm going for.  Any place/ideas to get some?

within my knowledge I do not think that these exist.

within my knowledge I do not think that these exist.
I wish though :c

I haven't found a single edgeless monitor ANYWHERE.  I don't mean almost edgeless, I mean literally edgeless.  I want to put 6 monitors together in a sort panoramic view for gaming, but all leading-brand monitors have chunky edges around the sides, which would totally ruin the look I'm going for.  Any place/ideas to get some?
impossible, the main problem lies in containing the screen in a way that doesn't forget up the way the screen works. screens work by sending electrical impulses to the switches in the screen and the lcds. you can technically create an edgeless screen but it would be highly unstable and very hard to use. the case holds the led lights in place as well as the screen sheets. all in all, most computer makers don't make edgeless screens because they most likely wouldn't survive shipping.

I have a edgless computer monitor thats basicly like this ( its about 3 times the 1280 and it only has edges at the two end ones, the middle one has no edge and is connected to them all.

impossible, the main problem lies in containing the screen in a way that doesn't forget up the way the screen works. screens work by sending electrical impulses to the switches in the screen and the lcds. you can technically create an edgeless screen but it would be highly unstable and very hard to use. the case holds the led lights in place as well as the screen sheets. all in all, most computer makers don't make edgeless screens because they most likely wouldn't survive shipping.

If you'd really need to, can't you just make the bezel clear?  Additionally, isn't there an edgeless TV out there?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:05:23 AM by Kiddeh »

If you'd really need to, can't you just make the rim clear?  Additionally, isn't there an edgeless TV out there?
, clear rim would look worse than a thin black one, and edgeless televisions aren't really edgeless, they have very small, thin edges.

You could try using projectors.

You could try using projectors.

Good idea.  A big, white pipe cut in a semi-circle and a projector would work. (and probably costs less)

, clear rim would look worse than a thin black one, and edgeless televisions aren't really edgeless, they have very small, thin edges.

Then a really big, panoramic monitor would be better than this, I suppose?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:21:25 AM by Kiddeh »

i remember there was a thing that was like, half a sphere and you had a game project onto it, so it would look panoramic.
RAZER also sells those kinds of monitors iirc.