Author Topic: How's this for a cheap gaming mouse?  (Read 2423 times)

The reviews seemed great and apparently it can rival some of the Razer mice. I don't want to spend more than $40 so I haven't found anything better.

http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Programmable-Buttons-Cartridges-Switches/dp/B00AAQRNQ8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

why do people need mouses that look crazy have lights cost lods of emone and have extra buttons you'll never use

any $15 logitech mouse will do fine

If you don't like it or it doesn't work, you can return it. It's not our choice.

why do people need mouses that look crazy have lights cost lods of emone and have extra buttons you'll never use

People have a love of the unnecessary and expensive.

I beg to differ, I use the extra buttons in nearly every game.  PlanetSide 2 is a notable one: I have two buttons assigned to aircraft pitch, but that's unfortunately all I have, since I could also use an extra button or two for proximity chat and melee.
If you have the little bit of extra money to spend it's not a bad investment.

Insanely high dpi doesn't mean stuff. It's a marketing ploy.

I don't even know what DPI is, every mouse ever has worked the same for me in that regard.

This isn't expensive.

THIS IS EXPENSIVE

I don't even know what DPI is, every mouse ever has worked the same for me in that regard.
dots per inch, but I'm not sure what that means
I think it relates to accuracy in a way? like, maybe moving your mouse one inch to the left would move the pointer so many pixels, but with another dpi, it would move it a different number of pixels
if that's the case, I guess it's just sensitivity :I

dots per inch, but I'm not sure what that means
I think it relates to accuracy in a way? like, maybe moving your mouse one inch to the left would move the pointer so many pixels, but with another dpi, it would move it a different number of pixels
if that's the case, I guess it's just sensitivity :I
I doubt that would be it since you can change that with any mouse. (I'm pretty sure)
It's probably just more attention grabbing meaningless advertising, like cereals advertising that they are crunchy, when was the last time you had cereal that wasn't crunchy?

I doubt that would be it since you can change that with any mouse. (I'm pretty sure)
It's probably just more attention grabbing meaningless advertising, like cereals advertising that they are crunchy, when was the last time you had cereal that wasn't crunchy?
the fact that there are different numbers for it means there has to be a difference
and dpi is actually what I thought it was yay
anyway, probably, with a higher dpi you can get more specific about the sensitivity, like with a more varied slider than the default windows one, or something

But since the position of your mouse pointer can only be as specific as how many pixels you can display, having 8,000 dpi on say...  1080p is worthless. It just makes it feel more sensitive and you'll end up turning it back down.

But since the position of your mouse pointer can only be as specific as how many pixels you can display, having 8,000 dpi on say...  1080p is worthless. It just makes it feel more sensitive and you'll end up turning it back down.
I'm not arguing that it's something useful

I'm just elaborating. It's nice to have dpi control, but past 3,500, it's dumb. Unless you're gaming at an insane resolution.

the appeal of it to people who have a clue is that it's more precise, but when it's at 8,000, it's pointless and probably super stuffty.  Other people just buy according to numbers.

Oddly, it's near impossible to get a half decent mouse for under $60 or so.  I just got a steelseries sensei last week or so for about $50 and that was the only decent mouse that wasn't wireless or cheap Logitech stuff.  I don't understand why mice are apparently so hard to make right.