Author Topic: Mailing system  (Read 1813 times)

Today at school i had a random idea, a mailing system for RP's and other games

The way it works-
so there is 2 ways to send mail
You make a post office or a little drop box and you click it and a pop up says Send Mail? and Check inbox then it has a number of letters/messages you have. Ex. Inbox(2) then the person who you sent it to has a box that says you have a message and the person can go and pick it up and read it
The second way is for houses you plant a brick that is a mailbox, same concept click, check inbox or send mail then i goes the the other persons mail box
or you can have a mixture of the 2, if you have a mail box but the other doesnt you can send it to the post office for him to pick up or the other way around
For sending mail, i made a little drawing

This should pretty much explain it thanks

Great idea. It probably would be hard to make though. We need a good scripter here, Pronto!

Ready for duty!

EDIT: More detail...Or a better drawing.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:08:03 PM by Psp The Blocklander »

its just a sketch...
Just make the box look like most of the gui's like the irc client for rtb

Actually not a bad idea... I don't go on RPs much, but I see how this could be very useful.

Me neither :P but i thought it would be a good idea,
do it for the community

I would do it.

Simple way = MAke the PM mod post messages to a SPECIAL dialog, Then make that SPECIAL dialog on a gui, And add a notifer, And also a post message FROM that dialog button. Etc.ACtully, Its easier to just do /mail *to* *message* and not the type message here button. Can I do that?

Funny thing, I was actually working on something like this for my server. :0 I stopped working on it though...

It would have to be able to send messages to people that aren't on the server, store them so they can be loaded after a server restart, allow messages to be kept or deleted, and allow mailing of items, otherwise it's just an over-glorified PM/whisper thing. I would do it but I've never designed a good looking GUI, if someone wants to make just a GUI, or even a mockup of a GUI, I might do it when I have time/feel like it

ACtully, Its easier to just do /mail *to* *message* and not the type message here button. Can I do that?
That just sounds lazier on your part.

Yeah true but it still is possible, right?

Yes, and
if someone wants to make just a GUI, or even a mockup of a GUI, I might do it when I have time/feel like it

you could use variables i think

add events too like Getmail and Readmail (for mailboxs <3)
/SUPADUPASUPPORT:D
:3 random pic time!

That was a win
on topic yeah events would help

the picture was from Rytukas server i got the jeep on the turret XD then he reset the mini D: