Author Topic: New playertype (I think its forgeted.). Need help!  (Read 2222 times)

Ok, i have NO CLUE if this is in the right section or not (i think it is).

But i was thinking about making a new playertype for ZAPT or just a plain new Player type.

so here are my FAQs:

"Which folder has the model in it?"
"How do i import it to blender?"
"Which filetypes can be imported to blender?"
"How the forget do i flatshade and model using blender?"
"how do i add color using blender?"
"Etc"

The Playertype is supposed to be like "Mutant-Zombie-ParasiteThingeh" Themed. so like Rot's Tank with tenticles and Spikes (maybe claws too) giant tounge, Deformed Face. You name it!

PLOT:

The playertype is designed for RPs and Other stuff you might want to use for it. Nothing Special.

FAQs you may ask:

"who will this go to?"
It will go to either my friends or a plain private addon. If the need comes, i'll release to RTB.

i dont want your craptalk anymore. get over it. either you help or leave.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:22:56 PM by BlockDie 824 »

You don't need a model unless your using a playertype that isn't just a normal blockhead.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:58:59 PM by Psp The Blocklander »

You don't need a model unless your using a playertype that isn't just a normal blockhead.
Ok you joined on may 6, 2010, and your giving me Advice on playertypes?
And it wont be just a normal player. im going to edit Rots Tank model (possibly) or i could just edit normal Blockhead if i can get a model.

All of this has been discussed multiple times and I will not answer until you show some effort of finding out yourself.

Ok you joined on may 6, 2010, and your giving me Advice on playertypes?
So?

All of this has been discussed multiple times and I will not answer until you show some effort of finding out yourself.
That just gives me another reason to call you a smart-assed Bitch. Nothing helps me cause nothing gives me a loving clue on what I Want, Instead, it gives me stuff on "Add this tyo the script" or "Type this into the script to make this happen" or "Type this script in to make your objects fall".

Your post is pointless. Nuff Said.

1. May is plenty of time to get experienced, I joined in june and have made better things that you in my first month here.
2. You have given absolutly no explination of your playertype, the standard player or no jet player works fine for rps.
3. Try to look it up yourself first.

1. May is plenty of time to get experienced, I joined in june and have made better things that you in my first month here.
2. You have given absolutly no explination of your playertype, the standard player or no jet player works fine for rps.
3. Try to look it up yourself first.
Can you not read? I've given an explanation AND i've looked it up. Read before you post.

AND i've looked it up.

No, you haven't. Now go actually do some research instead of asking us to tell you how to do it.

1: From what I've read so far you have never heard of Torque Script.
2: Also from what I've read so far you've only HEARD of Blender and have no loving clue how to use it.

http://www.blockland.us/FAQ.html#v

EDIT: I joined before you, does that mean I'm better than you now?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:46:08 PM by Butler »

No, you haven't. Now go actually do some research instead of asking us to tell you how to do it.

1: From what I've read so far you have never heard of Torque Script.
2: Also from what I've read so far you've only HEARD of Blender and have no loving clue how to use it.

http://www.blockland.us/FAQ.html#v

EDIT: I joined before you, does that mean I'm better than you now?
1. I've heard of torque script but have no idea what it is.
2. I have Blender but dont know how to use it.
3. your no better than i am.
4. How do you know if i've re-searched or not?

Get my Point?

1. I've heard of torque script but have no idea what it is.
2. I have Blender but dont know how to use it.
3. your no better than i am.
4. How do you know if i've re-searched or not?

Get my Point?
1. Learn how to script then.
2. Learn how to use it.
3. First of all, you mean "you're", not "your" and second of all, depending on how you want to define "better", plenty of people in this thread are.
4. Because you're here basically asking us to make something for you, and saying you have no clue what to do when there's plenty of great guides online somewhere.
5. Why so many spaces before "Get my Point?".

Anyway, to answer your questions in the op:
1. Just the add-ons folder, put your model in there with the script.
2. You can't import torque .dts files into blender, importing is probably possibly, but no decent public importers exist to my knowledge.
3. .blend is what you'll be using when you model.
4. I don't really know this one, I've kinda been wondering what "flatshading" is myself.
5. UV texturing, google it.

If your asking for help, its generaly a good idea not to start attacking people who are offering help.