Somewhat cartoony
Cartoony
Super cartoony
Slightly chibi style
Chibi style
Ultra chibi style
Super cutely deformed overload
Doesn't matter

Author Topic: Anime and Manga Megathread  (Read 1227291 times)

Preparing for the next season by bookmarking a bunch of animes that looked interesting. Anything I might be missing?

Preparing for the next season by bookmarking a bunch of animes that looked interesting. Anything I might be missing?
>not bookmarking future card buddyfight 100

http://animeshow.tv/Tokyo-Ghoul-Season-2/

Incase no one has the money for funimation premium

Next episode is the last

Next episode is the last
>tokyo ghoul root a
disgusting

grisaia sequels will be interesting considering how bleh the adaption of the first VN was.

unlimited blade works pt 2 hype tho
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:15:43 PM by ChexGuy331 »

>not bookmarking future card buddyfight 100
Animes based off of card games? No thanks.

-snip-

where's the other grisaia? or does kissanime still not have it listed

Next episode is the last
lol funimation premium. paying money to have eye-cancer subs and half-decent translations.

where's the other grisaia? or does kissanime still not have it listed
Grisaia no Meikyuu, it's there. Unless I have the wrong one down?

Grisaia no Rakuen, which I think is supposed to air immediately after. Meikyuu is a single 1-hr special.

VN-wise Meikyuu has flashbacks and after-stories for each route, and Rakuen is a full sequel. They're supposed to be similar in length, though.

Real talk, when's the Idol Mahou Shoujo Chiruchiru adaption?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:13:47 PM by ChexGuy331 »

parasyte at 9.5
isn't that the one anime thing where this one guy throws something far away and pierces a hole into something while dubstep just blasts out

Grisaia no Rakuen, which I think is supposed to air immediately after. Meikyuu is a single 1-hr special.
I WAS DECEIVED.

But I can't find Rakuen anywhere. Probably wasn't added to the database yet. Eh, when it comes.

isn't that the one anime thing where this one guy throws something far away and pierces a hole into something while dubstep just blasts out
yes

except if you really refuse to watch it because of the dubstep then you're missing out, since it's not even that frequent/loud.

time for me to be an ass about SWAT's list!

akame...4? was a flawed adaption but-

black bullet 7
porco rosso 5
inou-battle 7

motherforgeter, you're dead to me
I'm critical with my stuff.

My main reason for assigning anything is overall construction and immersion.  If I can feel immersed in something, be seldom distracted, and feel like everything fits into a well-thought-out construct, the base level is 5.

I change my ratings often and also don't believe in a perfect 10 because "perfect" is impossible.  The only reason I have 10s, is because it belongs to any show rated 9.5-9.9.  Each successive level from 9-10 gets more difficult to obtain than the last.

Furthermore, tackling individual criticisms:

Black Bullet set an atmosphere where it was easy to be immersed in a confined world where not all of daily life was safe, and not perfect.  Work was work, and it was sometimes disappointing, but it set a unique atmosphere.  While some characters bordered on the fantastic, it still put the protagonists in a world where they were limited by what they can do simply by the rules of society around them.  Another anime that has this is FMAB, which has oppressive pressures on characters that makes them not infinitely powerful.  An anime that avoids this style is Fairy Tail, where characters are powerful, yet can destroy towns and cities "accidentally" hundreds of times and get away with it.

Porco Rosso has a wider spectrum of ratings, so I'll simply say my reasoning for why I rated it a 5.  It had good atmosphere, a good background story for characters, had good fight scenes, not too dramatic (the ghibli way), and had a decent plot—However—There were periods of time where the dialogue cut out, or monologue cut out, making scenes very awkward when nothing was happening.  Hisaishi is a fantastic composer, but this is probably one of his weaker films.  I am not sure if it is his shortcoming, or if Miyazaki didn't want it, but flying is supposed to be exhilarating, and the music didn't have quite enough energy or thrill for what was going on.  I suppose it deserves a 6 or 7 though.

Inou-battle was simply something I enjoyed for the playful innocense it had.  Yes, it entered more serious tones later, but it was just something I watched, and saw no reason to treat it too critically.  After all, I enjoyed it, and critically breaking it down would be unfair, because 1) it had not tried to plunge into a deep plot yet.  When it does, I will be more critical.  2) Being too critical would be dishonest to how I liked it.  It's more or less a temporary rating.

half of them Ghibli
Ghibli is a different story, though.  Most of them are nearly flawless.

porco rosso 5?!?!? i give that a 9 - 8.5
That is one that has received mixed reviews.  I stand by a 5, and I understand why you would rate it an 8.5 - 9.  Another example would be Ponyo.  Well-crafted for a very specific demographic, and that's what limits it for some people, but it does have the essentials of a more-than-decent story.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:34:31 PM by SWAT One »