Author Topic: Just banned ~9 keys from Okiver  (Read 10092 times)

Funny, I always see Okiver as an ape.
Guess I'm not the only one.

Funny, I always see Okiver as an ape.
Oh wait, he is an ape.
loving natural selection, why must you do this?
I don't get why. I mean, he did manage to collect multiple credit card numbers fraudulently, captain an attack of zombies against the Blockland Forums, and find/create a virus to post on the BLF. Sure, none of that is particularly hard but you people seem to associate bad people with stupid people. I'm confident that Okiver is, despite being an awful person, fairly intelligent.

there is no intelligence necessary for these things, only stupidity, immaturity, and lack of restrait

any of us can pull this stuff off. we are smart enough NOT to.

there is no intelligence necessary for these things, only stupidity, immaturity, and lack of restrait
Well that's just a stupid thing to say. I dare you to successfully commandeer multiple peoples' credit cards. You can hide behind a halo and say "I would never do that!" but you wouldn't be able to even if you tried. I honestly don't even know how to reply to someone who calls stupidity a prerequisite for doing anything, saying that is just plain stupid.

anyone could if they tried, it's just a matter of googling the right stuff up and, again, being stupid enough to actually do it

getting credit cards and login info for websites from people is loving easy lol.
i mean you idiots all got keylogged and you were warned in the topic you got it from.
all it takes is handicapped as forget people to let you help yourself to them. and there are plenty of those types.

anyone could if they tried, it's just a matter of googling the right stuff up and, again, being stupid enough to actually do it
No, it's really not. Assembling a phishing website (assuming that's the way he went about doing this) is not a cut and paste kind of thing. It requires web design skills, programming skills, social engineering skills, and a knowledge of how to operate a computer beyond basic uses. I never claimed that these things were difficult to do, but they do require intelligence to do. An ape could not perform these tasks.

Furthermore, as I asserted earlier, doing bad things =/= being stupid. Most serial murderers are gifted with higher than average intelligence. Just because someone does something illegal, bad, or otherwise frowned upon, does not make them stupid.

He just doesn't get it.

intelligence and stupidity are not related, stupidity is more of a matter of lacking common sense and basic logic skills
and yes, phising really is just a matter of cutting and pasting (though logically there would be be slightly more work necessary to actually record the log-ins, though that could be easily found then cut and paste'd with some googling too)

He's pretty pathetic imo. Why would you spend precious time every day, stealing credit card info from people who did nothing to you, just to piss off an admin of a small game just because he's your "enemy"

That's sad lol

intelligence and stupidity are not related, stupidity is more of a matter of lacking common sense and basic logic skills
and yes, phising really is just a matter of cutting and pasting (though logically there would be be slightly more work necessary to actually record the log-ins, though that could be easily found then cut and paste'd with some googling too)
Congrats, you preformed one task out of many required to operate a successful phishing site. What you did is the equivalent to collecting non-enriched uranium and calling it a nuclear weapon. Sure, you have all the materials to phish (a website that looks like the Blockland Forums, a webhost, presumably code to record logins) but now how are you going to get people to log into that? Owning a phishing website is not the same thing as successfully phishing for credit cards.

Also: Stupidity is a lack of intelligence, understanding, reason, wit, or sense.

He's pretty pathetic imo. Why would you spend precious time every day, stealing credit card info from people who did nothing to you, just to piss off an admin of a small game just because he's your "enemy"

That's sad lol
I agree.

Congrats, you preformed one task out of many required to operate a successful phishing site. What you did is the equivalent to collecting non-enriched uranium and calling it a nuclear weapon. Sure, you have all the materials to phish (a website that looks like the Blockland Forums, a webhost, presumably code to record logins) but now how are you going to get people to log into that? Owning a phishing website is not the same thing as successfully phishing for credit cards.
i already said that there would be slightly more work involved, i'm obviously not going to make an actual phishing site
none of that would be difficult though, it's as simple as providing someone a link , saying it's to a thread that could be relevant to them, and then they'd just instinctively log in
a mildly more clever way to go about it would be constructing such a thread and then when a user would try to post it would take them to the log in screen like the real forum
well, for logins anyways, for credit cards it'd require slightly more thought and a slightly less intelligent victim

i already said that there would be slightly more work involved, i'm obviously not going to make an actual phishing site
none of that would be difficult though, it's as simple as providing someone a link , saying it's to a thread that could be relevant to them, and then they'd just instinctively log in
a mildly more clever way to go about it would be constructing such a thread and then when a user would try to post it would take them to the log in screen like the real forum
well, for logins anyways, for credit cards it'd require slightly more thought and a slightly less intelligent victim
Except no, that doesn't work. Look what happened last time someone operated a phishing website, they got maybe four victims prior to it being discovered, shut down, and disabled forever. And that one was a high quality phishing website, it projected a real-time copy of the Blockland Forums to the end user, passing all user input to the real Blockland Forums while secretly listening for login information, then redirecting the user through to the real Blockland Forum login page and successfully logging them in. Claiming that your stuffty login page download and host on webs.com would trick even a single person is silly.

getting credit cards and login info for websites from people is loving easy lol.
i mean you idiots all got keylogged and you were warned in the topic you got it from.
all it takes is handicapped as forget people to let you help yourself to them. and there are plenty of those types.

and yet another example of bisjac coming into a topic and insulting the community
and being completely ignored