New Years 2016 - 145 Players. 0 Crashes.

Poll

v a p o r w a v e + WI†CH H0US3 hour OR... NIGHTCORE ^_^ hour?

v a p o r w a v e + WI†CH H0US3
96 (59.3%)
NIGHTCORE ^-^
66 (40.7%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Author Topic: New Years 2016 - 145 Players. 0 Crashes.  (Read 67293 times)

madman STILL the best boss

join trog's madman coming soon 2016
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:28:16 PM by Trogtor »

The new years server in 2012 hosted 126 players all at once, then it crashed. Good luck to you and your bandwidth if you plan on hosting a new years server.

How?

the absolute possible limit for connected clients at once is 255. so its 'virtually unlimited'

The new years server in 2012 hosted 126 players all at once, then it crashed. Good luck to you and your bandwidth if you plan on hosting a new years server.
we're actually going to be using blocknet with a 4gb rig thanks to Pecon. Only thing I'm concerned about is wine and the networking issues with downloading from several clients.

Should do a loop for like a college football team song so that the Annoying Orangeet (if it has it) sounds like a Annoying Orangeet in a new years song.

Should do a loop for like a college football team song so that the Annoying Orangeet (if it has it) sounds like a Annoying Orangeet in a new years song.
I don't know what you mean by this, care to elaborate?
You mean like, use it in a set song or a cover? because i don't think we'd do that
madman STILL the best boss

join trog's madman coming soon 2016
hey trog how's the server status going yeah lmaoooooo

Daily Update: The Room

This is an example of a luxury room that has been built on New Years. All of the furniture is authentic Ikea, based in Sweden. They have a 24 hour warranty and if they fail in that time, contact an admin and we will have them replaced asap. There are several rooms in this server and the entire third floor is filled with them. They are free to access to everyone and there is no paywall to access them.

Suggestion:

The server will have a "stand-by" server that would be on another ip/node/whatever (I am sure Pecon can conjure something like this).

In case of hiccups or total failure, the stand-by server will unpassworded and be open for seamless(tm) transfer.
And in case of a crash/whatever, an optional addon will automatically redirect the client to the stand-by server (at a reasonable rate, since 100 people with this add-on would probably kill the other server if they all connect at once). Once the process is finished, the original server would go back online and get fixed/w/e and be turned into the stand-by server's stand-by server. This part is the part that I would not be able to explain, as I do not understand the technicals.

Another suggestion is uploading the cache manifest that has all of the add-ons and music needed to play on the server, instead of requiring people to download all of the music (via blockland or manually) and then some. At least, this is how I expect it to work.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:28:54 PM by Swat 3 »

Another suggestion is uploading the cache manifest that has all of the add-ons and music needed to play on the server, instead of requiring people to download all of the music (via blockland or manually) and then some. At least, this is how I expect it to work.
haven't we tried this before?

We've done this before.

haven't we tried this before?
We did, but mainly because the music was broken thanks to moderately large dren

man this daily update????
where is it NAL??????

this message has been paid for by nal