Author Topic: Badspot is going to take over the world with a battle robot  (Read 24240 times)

is he gonna put this on the TV show battlebots? it looks as if he is.

is it gonna kill my real friends so it's all i have left

its main attack is bumping into something, causing it to fly out at 100mph because physics

Badspot

• Administrator
TBH of I were him I woulda made the shell more jagged / rugged so in case his teeth idea doesn't work he'd have some form of attacking still, even though it's basically metal sandpaper.

The dome is a thing that I purchased (it's a hemispherical cake mold), so I can't just make one whatever shape I want.  I'm limited to attaching things to it.  Ideally I'd weld a big ridge on the outside but welding to thin metal is tricky.  Also we have to worry about weight - we're probably only going to have 50g-150g left to play with (total weight 1360g).

So is he going to enter this into some kind of robot fighting thing?

There is a robot fighting thing in Seattle, but I'm not sure I'll be finished in time.  Also I think it has limited spaces.  If I don't make it there's Robogames 2017.

so wait is this like a pre-desgined robot or did badspot come up with this himself

This is an original design, cobbled together from a mix of RC cars, quad copters, robot parts, and restaurant supplies.  There are quite a lot of kitbots at the 1lb and 3lb levels, and they actually win competitions pretty regularly. 

is he gonna put this on the TV show battlebots? it looks as if he is.

We're about 247lbs undeweight for that.  The dome is 160mm in diameter.

video walkthrough when

Badspot, you should really make a short video of it to show how it works / what it does when you finish it up, that'd be awesome to see

this is super cool
you should make a video of putting it together or when it's finished

you should give the robot a gun. guaranteed to win.

do you have the capability to create a functioning love robot