Author Topic: Musical Instruments Project - Modeler(s) needed!  (Read 8101 times)

I've made two of the instruments needed.

Those are loving amazing.  Perfect instruments for anything pirate-themed.  Give them to Port, he's the one actually scripting on this project.

A flute isn't used like that.

It looks like a recorder, which is used like that.

Yeah, let's just go with recorder. I like your style, keep going.

This one is

That is a recorder.  Not technically a flute, but definitely an instrument we could use, and which could use the "flute" sound.

What's the point of having two different instruments with the same sounds? I think I'll just change the Recorder into a proper flute

What's the point of having two different instruments with the same sounds? I think I'll just change the Recorder into a proper flute

Thematic variety?  An acoustic guitar, for instance, would be a great instrument to have for general purposes, but it might be out of place in a medieval setting, where a lute would be more appropriate and sound relatively similar.

Well I kept the first flu- *ahem* Recorder, and I made a new flute, with 174 vertices and 224 tris (2 colors)

Hope you like it

B-b-but they sound so different... ;-;

B-b-but they sound so different... ;-;

They do sound quite different, but they're similar enough that I think getting away with using the same soundset is acceptable.  Remember, there are both filesize and datablock limit issues when you put a stuffload of individual sounds into Blockland.  Some sacrifices have to be made.

Can someone please, please, please make a keytar?