Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1318108 times)

yeah but it's bronze rated so you know your actually getting at least 410w at all times, and there's little to no risk of it failing and potentially frying all of your other parts. the slightly higher price is worthwhile insurance
Hm, I guess. If that PSU comes in a 500w or higher then I'll update and get it

500W Bronze+80 will do for most medium tier systems, probably some higher rigs too.
But after all, its better to have more than not enough, right?

I dont see why people buy 1000W PSU's tho, how in the wordl can you even go over 100W unless you have 4 titans in your rig for some reason

Speaking of SLI, its a complete waste of money imo.

What do y'all think of this $1000 build I threw together

inb4 tool because foam and lights, I like em

I went for the 1060 because as far as gaming goes I don't expect to do as much this upcoming year and it performs on par with my 770s at like a quarter of the power requirement.
I also went for a microATX build because space is limited in my room and tbh towers are not as flattering as I used to find them.
There's a 550w EVGA GS PSU but it's literally the same price so no reason to not get the 650w.

yeah but it's bronze rated so you know your actually getting at least 410w at all times, and there's little to no risk of it failing and potentially frying all of your other parts. the slightly higher price is worthwhile insurance
The color rating is a rating of the efficiency, how much wattage is generated with how much heat.  Peak efficiency for 80 Bronze is at 50% draw at 85% efficiency, with 20% and 100% draw being 82% efficiency (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus).  The efficiency isn't a guarantee of how much wattage you'll be getting, how much wattage can be drawn depends on the parts on the inside itself (assuming you bought a quality PSU it should be no worry).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 05:07:08 AM by Nickelob Ultra »

Get led strips instead

Get led strips instead
I was thinking of reusing my red LED strip in my current case but tbh I prefer a uniform solid light over a chain of LEDs.

i think you could do better for $1000

i think you could do better for $1000
Possibly, but as it turns out this idea will not come to fruition as my friend probably wouldn't buy my current tower for $1000.

Is the RX 480 worth it when it comes back in stock?

Is the RX 480 worth it when it comes back in stock?

Yeah, currently regarded as the best value card, especially if you're on a tight budget

Yeah, currently regarded as the best value card, especially if you're on a tight budget
Is this for certain?  I remain skeptical of it, the only benefit I see is the better performance on DX12/Vulkan.  Even then, it's not by much.

Is this for certain?  I remain skeptical of it, the only benefit I see is the better performance on DX12/Vulkan.  Even then, it's not by much.
Lots of reviews will say it has the best frames per price right now.

It has very similar performance to the 1060 with added benefit in DX12/Vulkan for $50 less. So yeah, it's worth it unless you want that little bit more performance.

Lots of reviews will say it has the best frames per price right now.
It has very similar performance to the 1060 with added benefit in DX12/Vulkan for $50 less. So yeah, it's worth it unless you want that little bit more performance.
I guess it's a better buy considering DX12/Vulkan is the up and coming technology over OpenGL

im looking at the logical increments recommended pcs, and I have a budget around 300 (i know its not much jesus christ). but for the tier im getting, most of the normal games im playing like csgo or blockland say they're unplayable. But ive even bought prebuildt computers around 300 and they could run games like csgo fine. So should I trust there game preformance rating?

Someone told me i5's bottleneck 1070's, this true? No the its just a handicap who also believes i7 helps in games (well they do in some)

The story of how espio almost died of a stroke
So I was playing NMS and I was waiting somewhere. I decided to look on my phone to the left on me to see what notifications I have but than I noticed,
My loving ram stick is loose!
Upon further inspection I noticed it was just the heatspreader, it saved my from amost getting a stroke

Oh noes! I decided to take the ram stick out and carefully put the spreader back on

But just to be sure, I took the second one out too.

How the forget did this forgeter get loose too? It was quite hot tbh. Im guessing theses some memory stuff going on when playing NMS
All by all, I managed to fix it and both sticks are working perfectly fine :^)