Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 432563 times)

Those shaders make it look a bit too shiny. I've never seen even brand new lego that shiny, unless somebody's polished it or something.

I believe, I agree with you now Kompressor. The terrains and interiors are soooo 1999. The terrains were always useful for Team Deathmatch, wars, capture the flag, etc.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:58:03 AM by Antares »

Hark! What hero stands on yon streetlamp?

For some reason the shaders make the tiled pattern on the road more noticeable.
Not in a good way.

And what's up with all the 3 released screenshots not having the full body of a blockhead in it? How does the blockhead look?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:15:03 AM by LeetZero »

And what's up with all the 3 released screenshots not having the full body of a blockhead in it? How does the blockhead look?
It's a surprise

Is there motion blur?
Holy crap.
That could be so cool selectively.

Kompressor, show us the character!

I'm curious about the lights limit, currently I think it's 7 or 8. Will that be increased due to the lighting/shadow changes?

I WANT TO HAVE love IN THE SHADOWS SO BAD!!!

Okay kompressor. I know this a little bit off topic but this is the only way contact any of the developers now. It seems that you have purposely been avoiding my request. A simple yes or no would suffice if you do not wish to explain your reasons.

Will you release (Before or after this update) the source files (3D models, textures, etc.) of the interiors currently in the game? (Bedroom, Kitchen, Tutorial)

It would mean a great deal for the community to have these files and it would certainly help with not only fan art but map making as well.

No comment. You are aware that they are in like pre HL2 Hammer format, right? -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 01:18:51 PM by kompressor »

Will there be such a thing as shadow 'range'. Say a brick high up in the air could it be too high for a shadow not to be rendered?

Also will it all be hard lighting or can their be soft lighting. On an overcast day there are still shadows just very soft and not as hard.

And what sort of magic Technicolour eye candy glory will shaders make possible?

Will you release (Before or after this update) the source files (3D models, textures, etc.) of the interiors currently in the game? (Bedroom, Kitchen, Tutorial)

It would mean a great deal for the community to have these files and it would certainly help with not only fan art but map making as well.

Your argument for the source files makes no sense, mapping in BL will no longer include interiors and how does having source files help with fan art? There's no reason to give out the source files and you've already got the textures.

Your argument for the source files makes no sense, mapping in BL will no longer include interiors and how does having source files help with fan art? There's no reason to give out the source files and you've already got the textures.
I would like to do some renders.

I would personally have much (Blockland related) use for them and I believe the community would also benefit greatly from this. My intentions would be to import the interior 3D models to Blender and create skyboxes from them. Those skyboxes could then be used in Slates to create the illusion of an interior and also as an homage to the olden days of Blockland. I could very easily easily create several skyboxes from a single map. For example on the Bedroom floor, on the bed, on the drawer, inside the bed and so on. I see this as something the community would like.

I would like to do some renders.

That what I was thinking when he announced bedroom removal.

You can make a slate with a bedroom skybox

Like the "Slate Room" GSF Ghost made.

Yeah it doesn't sound like a very convincing argument to me. You can make a decent skybox with screenshots alone if you know what you're doing.

Converting map brushes into polygons then rendering that in blender to create a skybox sounds like a really convoluted way of getting something that looks nothing like what the maps would have looked like in-game.