Author Topic: [NEWS] PSA TO ALL GYAZO/LIGHTSHOT/PUUSH USERS  (Read 10397 times)

finally a movement i can get behind

you suck
gyazo best way to go

i've been using sharex for years

it still blows my mind that there are still gyazo/lightshot/puush users
it also blows my mind that there are still people with no programs of this type out there.

it also blows my mind that there are still people with no programs of this type out there.
i personally just use the built-in snipping tool and upload to imgur but i get the convenience of using something like sharex, i'm just too lazy atm to bother getting it and adapting :p

Lightshot gives you those prnt.sc links which are embedded with ads
Gyazo may have improved, but used to have severe bandwidth restrictions on images and would be replaced with the x( face very quickly
I think it was Puush that had the malware issue?

I don't have any of these issues with ShareX, and I can upload to any of a myriad of websites, even FTP or custom plugins

i will only switch to sharex if you are able to record gifs for more than 7 seconds

i will only switch to sharex if you are able to record gifs for more than 7 seconds
uh of course you can lol

I use lightshot and have good ad-blockers so it’s all good for me;

If sharex gets images of higher quality or has some gif-making capability I might switch

I use lightshot and have good ad-blockers so it’s all good for me;
yeah but the thing is you're showing it to everyone else
If sharex gets images of higher quality or has some gif-making capability I might switch
if you set it to save as png then it's literally pixel for pixel identical to what you see on your screen
and yes it can record gifs (as well as mp4s)

also for the record, sharex is not exactly 1:1 with the other software you list. sharex isn't a host. it's just a screenshot tool. you can choose to upload it to whatever host you want. it includes a few by default (of note is imgur, which u should use)

along with some other uploaders for text and files
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:29:57 PM by Foxscotch »

Well i guess im uninstalling lightshot then :0

just a few things you can do in sharex all in one picture

yeah thats a circle screenshot