Author Topic: PTG v3 Development  (Read 24022 times)

Do you have an estimate for release?

did you build paradise in bricks yet

did you build paradise in bricks yet
Not yet, I eventually just lost interest in recreating maps with ModTer, especially with the development of PTG. However, I'm hoping infinitely generated, ModTer terrain will help supplement and recreate the fun memories of playing on maps; I've even enjoyed taking breaks from development and just exploring the terrain myself.

Do you have an estimate for release?
It all depends how long it takes to figure out the current issue I'm having. If it takes too long though, I'll just delay some features until a future update.

Not yet, I eventually just lost interest in recreating maps with ModTer, especially with the development of PTG. However, I'm hoping infinitely generated, ModTer terrain will help supplement and recreate the fun memories of playing on maps; I've even enjoyed taking breaks from development and just exploring the terrain myself.
It all depends how long it takes to figure out the current issue I'm having. If it takes too long though, I'll just delay some features until a future update.

I'm hyped as forget.

woah woah woah this can't go on page 2

Guessing it's his 'Seal of Approval' Even though these really have no effect on the addon, post, or anything once so ever.

Thanks for the bump guys! I had to delay the pathways feature until version 4; even though I've made a lot of progress lately, I've already been delayed about 3 weeks working on them and am running into too many issues with the algorithm. However, I have at least 3 more features to add which hopefully won't take too long, then after that the add-on should be ready for beta testing! I'll post another update soon when I make more progress on the new features.

Oooh, are real-time terrain editing tools planned?
So, for instance, you could edit the certain sector's elevation and other jazz with various terrain brushes, something similar to what Lego Worlds has now.

Oooh, are real-time terrain editing tools planned?
So, for instance, you could edit the certain sector's elevation and other jazz with various terrain brushes, something similar to what Lego Worlds has now.
Someone mentioned before about making a brush-based brick terrain editor, similar to the old terrain editor the engine used to have. I'll start work on a prototype after PTG, and can release it as a separate add-on - depending on how practical it will be.

Btw, tomorrow I'll be showing off a newly added feature for version 3! It will certainly make the landscapes much more "dynamic".

Is it trees?
Actually, trees and detail brick generation has already been added.

Speaking of which: toggleable, dynamic streams and waterfalls have been added!

Floating brick support (that prevents issues with removing bricks on floating terrain) has also been included. For streams, you can set their color, set the distance they travel on level surfaces before stopping, toggle their collision and set whether they destroy detail bricks in their path. Streams also stop generating when they collide with water bricks or with the water level set in the enviroment settings GUI. If necessary, you can also stop streams from generating mid-routine by disabling them.

I'm currently uploading another mod dev update video, so I'll update the topic's description once it's up.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:47:56 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

jesus CHRIST this is too much nobody can handle this power holy jeez oh gosh dang darn it

Mod Dev. Part 5 is up!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:27:26 PM by [GSF]Ghost »