Author Topic: Blockland's tribal show their true colors  (Read 24251 times)

Apparently racism is a joke now.

The role of humour, if you listen to any of the comedians talk about why they do what they do, is to point out things in our society that people don't want to talk about. This is partly why humour isn't funny when you make the same jokes over and over, and it's also why comedians love to jump on recent events and news.

Things are "funny" because they're unexpected; it's a positive type of shock. Some people believe this kind of reaction is "offensive", but I think it's important to open up the floor and make us feel comfortable with talking about the issues. People get so couped up and tight-lipped about tough areas; why can't we have a laugh, relax a little bit and then come back and be serious on those issues?

Now, yeah, it might be wrong to directly laugh in the face of those who've lost someone dear and near, but in the majority of cases you're probably not involved at all, so feel free to lighten up a bit. That's exactly what those horrible people don't want; their goal is to destabilise our culture and put us into a state of fear, which would allow them to easily convince people to join their side as a matter of survival.

Besides; in laughing at jokes surrounding these kinds of terrible attacks, it in a sense removes the emotional charge they're supposed to generate. People aren't going to commit horrible crimes if there's nothing to gain from it, and what they want (when it's not some form of tangible profit) is either a reputation or a reaction.

Can a non-partisan let me know if a summary of the greater part of 100 pages of drama is available for this subject.  I am interested in its contents but not quite prepared to invest the energy to examine and cross-examine this volume of posts and threads, which from what I can see, primarily consist of stuff-flinging and microaggressions from both parties involved.  That last line mentioned, is it even worth looking into these topics?

it's just red spy throwing childish insults, a few others mocking jitank and jitank reacting poorly

It's literally looking for a reason to be offended
If someone calls you a name every time he sees you online you're going to eventually get pissed. Other people will notice it too. Complaining about name calling or other 'microagressions' are valid complaints. Actually- get this- they're more valid than complaining about someone getting offended. Isn't that just amazing?

Between "he called me monday, i'm upset :(" and "he got offended for being called monday, i'm upset :(" which one sounds more ridiculous? Here, let me give you a hint: its not the first one.

you're actually more stupid than jitank lol

"being offended by offensive things is attention seeking"

"being offended by offensive things is attention seeking"
Being offended then going on a tirade about it is attention seeking

If someone calls you a name every time he sees you online you're going to eventually get pissed. Other people will notice it too. Complaining about name calling or other 'microagressions' are valid complaints. Actually- get this- they're more valid than complaining about someone getting offended. Isn't that just amazing?

Between "he called me monday, i'm upset :(" and "he got offended for being called monday, i'm upset :(" which one sounds more ridiculous? Here, let me give you a hint: its not the first one.
I really never though about it like that. Wow now it makes it so much more valid.

People that get offended when they are called an empty insult

They have almost nothing else to complain about. All the great battles for civil rights have already been won

People don't like being insulted, regardless of the racial charge behind the insult.

Its definitely not empty either.

Its definitely not empty either.
Words only have meaning because you give them meaning

Words only have meaning because you give them meaning
So i could just say right now that what you said means nothing and has no substance. Ok so basically you didnt just say anything to me.

So i could just say right now that what you said means nothing and has no substance. Ok so basically you didnt just say anything to me.
you don't understand english?