Author Topic: Just picked up new HDMI gold cables for £6 (like $10)  (Read 1241 times)

I've had them at home on my playstation but I just found some for half price in a store here in my new house.
So excited to game on them, they're so much nicer.

Discuss HDMI gold master race.

i run display port and optical. but im a compooter guy

how are they different from regular HDMI cables? wikipedia is oddly ambiguous about them

cleaner signal. but i thought they only improve brown townog stuff. i dunno

Gold is a better conductor plus it doesn't oxidize or corrode anything like that, so it's more durable.

you won't notice a difference from regular HDMI cables

yeah these are readily available for cheaper than that on amazon

I've had no issues with my regular metal HDMI cables. I suspect you won't have any issues but I also suspect you won't notice any difference.

Gold is a better conductor plus it doesn't oxidize or corrode anything like that, so it's more durable.
i can't say i've ever really worried about the durability of my cables, but i guess that's pretty swell
not sure what effect the conductivity would have on video output.

Probably a very negligible improvement on output

Lol, at one of these super cheap stores you can get them for like 5 euros.
Or less.

Unless it is supposed to say HDMI Gold on the cable head, I'm not even sure if mine are or not. I don't think they are and I wouldn't have a use for the gold ones.

there is no difference between gold and silver

vga all the way

on a more serious note though, i really want to use a hdmi monitor but the one i have rn is like from 2008 and i cant buy a new one :/