Author Topic: A question about shaders  (Read 1838 times)

this is probably a very stupid question but keep in mind i know nothing about shaders (except that they make things fancy and such) but something seems shady to me

if player and vehicle shaders worked fine on terrain maps how come they say brick shaders wouldnt have worked on them?

if you're going to tell me how stupid i am, leave, im just looking for a simple answer for a simple question

The main reason why maps were removed was because they were outdated (moreso than the engine) and made it difficult to work around for updates.

The main reason why maps were removed was because they were outdated (moreso than the engine) and made it difficult to work around for updates.
oh ok i thought they said they removed them though because of a shaders issue

Updates? What updates?

Updates? What updates?

um the 11+ game changing updates we've gotten since then???????

like really do you expect Badspot to meet your every need? He owes us NOTHING. NOTHING. I swear, if you loving ask for one more thing from LORD BADSPOT I WILL.... I WILL REPORT YOU.

AND MAPS SUCKED

I swear, if you loving ask for one more thing from LORD BADSPOT I WILL.... I WILL REPORT YOU.
please tell me youre kidding

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:30:43 AM by ZachsSoda »

Blockland did not have any kind of shaders pre-v21. It had a rudimentary shadow system, but that's far different from shaders. Shaders were completely added in v21 and the calculations for terrain shaders would be far too stressful on the engine and too much work for Badspot and kompressor to work on. Not to mention they were outdated and looked like stuff.

Personally; I liked 'em, it was the feel of the game before, but Badspot made an executive decision so there's really not much we can do about it. Having an up-to-date looking game improves sales and consumer interest.

Updates? What updates?

I knew somebody would say this in regard of the lack of updates NOW...

I knew somebody would say this in regard of the lack of updates NOW...

Since 2011 - 2014, we only got: Maps taken away, bots, and shades; all "major" updates... [this all happened ranging from a year, year-half]

badspot should've done a forums poll to decide wether he should:
1. add shaders, remove maps
2. update textures and stuff on maps, making them more presentable, but no shaders

please tell me youre kidding

woah dude, chill out

Obvious sarcasm. I'm making fun of the half of blockland that defends badspot and even goes as far as to say maps sucked.

They are really annoying and cope with loss by getting angry at others.

Obvious sarcasm.
false
there are people like that on these forums
would not be surprised if you were one of them