Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1322024 times)

What's better about 8.1 over 10 though?
Familiarity

It has a work flow like windows 7, along with 90% of the gui looking like it, but it does have modern touches and updates which aren't too overpowering yet are also pretty useful and nice to use

I've used both 10 and 7 and 8.1, I prefer 8.1 as the perfect middle ground between the two.

Plus updates are actually controllable in 8.1 lol

got a 1060 6gb last month

runs perfectly with my 2500k, which is now 6 years old and still going strong with no bottlenecking

Picked up both of these for $275 each, brand new.

What are those type of ports?

there is obviously a model name right there, so you could very easily google it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_digital_interface
never heard of these before and I'm not sure I've ever seen a device with them but I guess jasa wouldn't have bought them if he didn't have a use for them

Those are BNC connectors and they are used for SDI video. SDI is used in the professional world because of the distance it can travel with a small footprint (250ft at 1080p uncompressed), the locking connector, and primarily the low cost to repair and make your own video cables. SDI is the standard that every production uses because in a typical production truck you will have literally hundreds of these cables and connectors.

I would use this on my production truck if I had 4K cameras but I might just resell them for a profit.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:09:21 PM by Jasa »

How are you going to fit that in your laptop

no silly it's going in this
its an old computer case from like 1999
yes, it's big enough to fit modern parts

(only uploaded pic i have of it rn)

do you have an old 1999 cpu to bottleneck it too?

Finally got arround buying a new case
its the white one fyi

in the somewhat near future, i want a really old computer case and i have a desire to cram new parts into it.

you know, something like this:

what would be the best case for something like my idea?

in the somewhat near future, i want a really old computer case and i have a desire to cram new parts into it.

what would be the best case for something like my idea?

Anything about the size of a mid ATX tower or bigger should work just fine.

crazy how fast some components become obsolete

i see ventilation being a problem with cases like this

We shalt not let this thread die!

It's also very sad when FedEx decides to drop a 5K workstation, from what we suppose is over 10 feet, on it's top during shipping :(

RIP PCI-E X16 lane and hopefully that Quadro K5000 card is alright cause that certainly isn't cheap, but oh well, FedEx can reimburse the company for it's forgetup even though we have thousands of workstations with 2K Quadro 4000 cards everywhere.