Author Topic: How can I convince my dad to get me a $350 computer?  (Read 1543 times)

Well? I really want this 350 dollar PC but my dad says either I get a PS3 or a PC. I kinda want the PS3 so I can play Little Big Planet 2 cause it looks awesome. But I want the new computer so I can run Champions Online. How can I convince him to get both?

Personally I think its only fair cause hes gonna get himself a new friggin cell phone.

Personally I think its only fair cause hes gonna get himself a new friggin cell phone.

>Buying something for self using your own money
>Apparently unfair because you didn't spend an equal amount of your money on everyone else around you

Go be a spoilt friend elsewhere and stop trying to bankrupt your father using the excuse "It's unfair because he's getting something for himself!!111"

You're gonna get a really really really really really bad computer for that much.

>Apparently unfair because you didn't spend an equal amount of your money on everyone else around you

Go be a spoilt friend elsewhere and stop trying to bankrupt your father using the excuse "It's unfair because he's getting something for himself!!111"
You're gonna get a really really really really really bad computer for that much.
THese^

can a $350 computer even play a game?

exactly, your father works hard at his job to earn that money. Be lucky he's considering getting anything at all for you.

*Shudders*

It's got a celeron in it.

Buy it yourself. Don't rely on other people to buy you what you want; he didn't even have to offer anything to you in the first place, you know. It's his money, you have no control over it.

Also if he wants to get himself a new cell phone, so what? It definitely does not mean he should get you something far more expensive than it to make up for his purchases.

A 195$ one can. This one I've been using for a few years now and comes with 3GB ram, 2.30 Ghz and I can run some games without much lag.

Anyone who actually wants a gaming computer should just save up a thousand or two.

Basically this. I doubt it'll even run what you're buying it for.

More than likely it'll just be limited to browser games, and maybe a few others.

my best guess is that he is a minor.

Depending on where he lives, he can get a part time job at 15. Well, that's what his profile says, anyway.

*blah blah blah*
Ever think he needs to get work calls and his old phone doesn't work anymore? Save up your own money and buy a better PC than a $350 one.

Anyone who actually wants a gaming computer should just save up a thousand or two.
what the hell