Author Topic: Djent. May the Djent gods give us more DJENT DJENT (lolcwatididthar).  (Read 689 times)

And it's pronounced JENT. LIKE GENTLEMEN (Djentlemen :cookieMonster:)

too screamy :(

CAFO

listen to it.

Or Jetpacks Was Yes! (look it up)

-loud incomprehensible screaming
-no thanks.

-loud incomprehensible screaming
-no thanks.

Because all heavy metal is screaming. If you even read my previous post.

I never understood how people listen to overly heavy metal like this.
I personally have a rather huge variety in the music I listen to that covers most of the main genres, but stuff like this I simply can't stand. :/

I never understood how people listen to overly heavy metal like this.
I personally have a rather huge variety in the music I listen to that covers most of the main genres, but stuff like this I simply can't stand. :/

Believe it or not, alot of Djent incorporates metal and electronica.

LISTEN TO JETPACKS WAS YES!

Believe it or not, alot of Djent incorporates metal and electronica.

LISTEN TO JETPACKS WAS YES!
Periphery - Totla Mad

That was the only one I would probably actually listen to of the 4 you posted. But I still don't like half of the vocals.

Periphery - Totla Mad

That was the only one I would probably actually listen to of the 4 you posted. But I still don't like half of the vocals.

CAFO doesn't even have vocals. Periphery is a good band to listen to if you don't like screaming (too much ;D). The singer actually sings in the majority of their songs.

Also, CAFO might seem to have to no rhythm of any kind, but Djent is aaaaaall about the polyrhythms. Djent is considered extremely mathematical. So forget your hate to all you haters.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:13:36 AM by ShadowsfeaR »

Because all heavy metal is screaming. If you even read my previous post.
i listened to the first song. the guitar was epic but i hated the singing. the singing is what usually ruins it for me most of the time.

i listened to the first song. the guitar was epic but i hated the singing. the singing is what usually ruins it for me most of the time.

CAFO CAFO CAFO CAFO CAFO CAFO

and Jetpacks Was Yes!

Djent is okay. But I've long been out of my prog metal phase. And when I do listen to any sort of progressive metal nowadays, I'm listening to Between the Buried and Me.

OP updated with some "non screamo" songs.