Author Topic: Physics Improvements  (Read 855 times)

I would love to see many improvements to BL's physics engine. It would be nice for bricks with different collision to actually get that collision when on the ground.  Also, it would be great to have bricks slide around a lot less.  Another thing is that bricks fall through things way too much.  That would be great to have that for vehicles and fakekilled bricks.  And I noticed something: I can't seem to have 300 or more bricks fakekilled at once.  The 300th and up bricks just go to the non-physics fakekilling.  If there were a way to make it so bricks are physics no matter what (Client side, of course) I would love that.  Also, the fakekill event should support being at -1 and having bricks fakekilled forever. (with physics)

/agree
I would love to have fakekilled bricks that you can stand on.

/agree
cant happen, that is not  asociated with the engine.
I saw it on a forum somewhere, but cant find it.

cant happen, that is not  asociated with the engine.
I saw it on a forum somewhere, but cant find it.
Yeah, we all know. Physics are client-sided.

[agree]Yes, it would be very good for better physics, like maybe when you crash into a special object, like the lamp in the bedroom for example, if you have a big enough vehicle, it would fall over. Now that would be awesome physics, but then I think it might be a bit of a wait for it though. [/agree]

[agree]Yes, it would be very good for better physics, like maybe when you crash into a special object, like the lamp in the bedroom for example, if you have a big enough vehicle, it would fall over. Now that would be awesome physics, but then I think it might be a bit of a wait for it though. [/agree]
/agree again
however, that's interiors.  It would require automatic placement of a vehicle lamp.
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the snail made specifically for the autum pond map placed with the map

You suck at reading.  Read my post first.  I never said server-side physics.

/agree
Since the physics are client-sided this wouldn't be possible because players with physics disabled you'd be standing on air, and they'd be running into things they can't see.

i would like that when a player gets hit by a brick traveling at a high velocity he gets hurt or dies

i would like that when a player gets hit by a brick traveling at a high velocity he gets hurt or dies

Random dying is fun, isn't it?

Hell yeah.

Especially when Bushido throws grenades at your face :/

Since the physics are client-sided this wouldn't be possible because players with physics disabled you'd be standing on air, and they'd be running into things they can't see.
In this case, randomly dying. :U