Author Topic: how do i stop drooling and gagging when a mouthguard is in my mouth  (Read 4548 times)

i got my football helmet on friday and i attached my mouthguard to it (already boiled) and i'm still trying to get used to it and stop dooling and gagging
pls help

suck your spit in occasionally?

A mouthguard should be the least of your worries, football helmets hurt like a bitch, unless they're the new revolution helmets, those are comfortable.

A mouthguard should be the least of your worries, football helmets hurt like a bitch, unless they're the new revolution helmets, those are comfortable.
brand-new riddell helmets

(friend took that photo)

youre helmet always gives you a headache the first day, if it still hurts after that then its probably too small. speeds are prob the best imo.

ot: buy one yourself, maybe get one smaller that one might be too big. mouthgaurds that hs fb teams buy in mass usually arent made for comfort just for saftey. or just give it a couple of days for it to shape to your mouth, theyre always awkward when you first put them in.
brand-new riddell helmets

(friend took that photo)
holy stuff your school buys those with the design and everything? that is loving awesome.

holy stuff your school buys those with the design and everything? that is loving awesome.
yes

If you're gagging on the mouth piece, cut off the ends with a pair of scissors.

You'll have to suppress your gag reflex

I've heard that prostitution pays reasonably well, sounds like a win-win situation

You're gagging an drooling? You must have a small mouth or a large mouth guard

Cut the ends on the mouthpiece with scissors, don't cut it too short because then you might be in violation of some book of rules, but I doubt its highly enforced though.

When I started reading this I wasn't expecting mouth guard to be at the end of the title...

boil it in hot water for a bit until it is soft then bite into it so it forms to your mouth

Cut the ends on the mouthpiece with scissors, don't cut it too short because then you might be in violation of some book of rules, but I doubt its highly enforced though.
the only time refs and coaches care about mouthpieces in highschool is if it isnt in your mouth. youre mouthpiece could be a carrot and they wouldnt care.

boil it in hot water for a bit until it is soft then bite into it so it forms to your mouth
I'm going to assume he's done this, otherwise the Mouthguard doesn't work at all.
That's the basic instructions for a mouthguard.
If you try using one before you've done that then you're being a bit silly.

You might want to check that you can't get a better sized one for you.
I always had trouble with mouthguards.
Too much dribble. Had to try out a couple before I got a good one. And then the Rugby season ended and I never really needed one for other sports. :/

But, better too much dribble and a mouthguard than none and broken teeth.