Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3889401 times)

Someone is submitting their promo items for Serious Sam

Dunno if those will ever be accepted
But if the creator of the promotional items gets a cut of the profits from the game they're made from...

Episode 3 = $$$

Can you actually make SketchUp models into in-game add-ons?

Yes. Extrude and I (maybe a few other people) do that for all our weapons, though I rarely make any.

But if the creator of the promotional items gets a cut of the profits from the game they're made from...

Episode 3 = $$$
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

move the cylinder up forward a little bit.
forget off, I was really expecting you to say something.

Khain the gun is fine as it is, I'd like to see it ingame.

Hey. he posts it. it gives everyone the ability to give they OPINION.

I'd submit this right now, but a few more name suggestions would be nice.

he is 100% correct.
and really the handle still looks really dumb, he should move the trigger up a tad.

That helmet has such a wonky shape.
Looks like someone beat it one too many times with a hammer.

M-920 Cain "Mini-Nuke" Launcher

Eh. It looks fine in Source SDK, but the lighting somehow messes up in-game. This only occurs on the Soldier's hat.

Hey. he posts it. it gives everyone the ability to give they OPINION.

Okay? Well when it comes from you, I'm specifically mad because you're stupid.

This is a T+T-style grenade launcher I made in Google SketchUp 8. I seem to be pretty pro in that program.
A monkey can become pro in Sketchup lol. Unless you're handicapped, then mental illness would get in the way. It looks nice, but It looks like it can break in a few bends.

A monkey can become pro in Sketchup lol.

have you ever even used sketchup? Getting the hang of Sketchup takes around the same amount of time and effort as getting the hang of other programs. (maybe not blender lol; that UI is ridiculous)

what is up with people and calling GSU crap. It may lack in some features, but it makes up with other features which other programs don't have. GSU is a very capable modeling program. I've used MS3D and Wings3D, and I prefer GSU over both of them.

tl;dr: learn how to loving use GSU before you insult it
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:49:02 PM by MrCookie »

tl;dr: learn how to loving use GSU before you insult it
Didn't insult it. I merely stated it's interface can be used very easily. I've used sketchup, time and time again, and I do quite fine on it thank you. And in my opinion. It's not the best program for modelling. Calm your tits.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:52:32 PM by TeslaCoil »