Author Topic: UTA (Untiered Arms)  (Read 33879 times)

Can you be any more vague? I don't mean to be rude, but honestly - I'm not going to be able to make progress on modeling with a comment as simple as "needs work," or "not that great tbh."
There's so much that needs work it's diffcult to keep it concise.
To start, scrap your current models and try basing your models on guns, not on compound oblong rectangles with triggers

There's so much that needs work it's diffcult to keep it concise.
To start, scrap your current models and try basing your models on guns, not on compound oblong rectangles with triggers
It's a little more than oblong rectangles with triggers - not to mention it's in the style of Blockland's Gun.

Shotgun - Franchi SPAS-12 + Remington 870
Sniper - GmbH DSR-1
Pistol - Paris Theodore's ASP + Colt model 1911
Rifle - Fabrique Nationale FAL
Revolver - Mateba Model 6 Unica + Colt Anaconda

This isn't Tier+Tactical, and it's not Gravity Cat's pack either. It's not a "blockland realism" pack or anything of the sort, so if that's what you're expecting, I'd like to ask that you get it out of your head now.

It's a little more than oblong rectangles with triggers - not to mention it's in the style of Blockland's Gun.
Realism =/= actually looks good

Look at ephi's shotgun and the default rocket launcher for a better idea of the style you should be going for. Simplistic, yet has detail. What you have is simplistic but has no detail

Okay, we get that

Shotgun - Franchi SPAS-12 + Remington 870
Sniper - GmbH DSR-1
Pistol - Paris Theodore's ASP + Colt model 1911
Rifle - Fabrique Nationale FAL
Revolver - Mateba Model 6 Unica + Colt Anaconda
Question-Why not pick some weapons that have never been made before? Stuff that nobody has heard of?

This isn't Tier+Tactical, and it's not Gravity Cat's pack either. It's not a "blockland realism" pack or anything of the sort, so if that's what you're expecting, I'd like to ask that you get it out of your head now.
We get it, we get it. But seriously, you need to have a concise, consistent, and proportional style to your weapons.

Realism =/= actually looks good

Look at ephi's shotgun and the default rocket launcher for a better idea of the style you should be going for. Simplistic, yet has detail. What you have is simplistic but has no detail
If I remember the look right, Ephi's shotgun adapts a theme that was created and upheld by the community rather than the game. Bunches of bevels and that's it.

Bevels =/= detail
Bevels may contribute to detail, but tapping W+hitting Bevel on every single edge isn't going to get you a perfect model.

Question-Why not pick some weapons that have never been made before? Stuff that nobody has heard of?
I'll sum up my reasons why in a point here. Show me a weapon that isn't in any modern FPS game that's actually pretty cool.

We get it, we get it. But seriously, you need to have a concise, consistent, and proportional style to your weapons.
At this point, everyone's pointing out that there is an inconsistency between the models. You need to understand that I don't see this, and I have no idea what you're talking about. I'd appreciate some examples.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:54:30 PM by YoshiDude »

If I remember the look right, Ephi's shotgun adapts a theme that was created and upheld by the community rather than the game. Bunches of bevels and that's it.

Bevels =/= detail
There's a reason for that. It looks good. You didn't mention anything about the rocket launcher, which uses *gasp* cylinders.

If you truly don't believe that your models need work, start a yes/no poll

I'll sum up my reasons why in a point here. Show me a weapon that isn't in any modern FPS game that's actually pretty cool.

Vigneron Submachine Gun

produced up until the mid 80's

it's kinda cool I guess

If you truly don't believe that your models need work
I'll stop you there. I'm not implying I'm a AAA video game modeler coming straight from Treyarch or any other high-level companies. I know I need improvement. I'm just not being given much direction here.

Vigneron Submachine Gun

produced up until the mid 80's

it's kinda cool I guess
Sure, but
* it doesn't fit very well with the other guns.
* at first glance it looks like an MP40.

k
Madsen LAR

Korobov TKB-408

RPA-Rangemaster 50 Anti-Material Sniper
http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/sniper/sn94/rpa_rangemaster_50.jpg

FN-FNARL Sniper rifle, light-barrel version

Valtro PM-5-350 with shortened barrel and stock

Fort-500M Police Version

At this point, everyone's pointing out that there is an inconsistency between the models. You need to understand that I don't see this, and I have no idea what you're talking about. I'd appreciate some examples.
And here I go re-uploading pictures.
I'll use attachments in my next post.

* at first glance it looks like a Thompson.

I'm going to assume you meant MP40

how about the Vepr?

or the Calico M960 SMG?

Madsen LAR
Korobov TKB-408
RPA-Rangemaster 50 Anti-Material Sniper
FN-FNARL Sniper rifle, light-barrel version
Fort-500M Police Version
fine.

how about the Vepr?
Maybe. I'll be honest - it looks almost like a combination of the TAR-21 and M16A1.

or the Calico M960 SMG?
I've seen that in a game before, but I'll think about it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:05:13 PM by YoshiDude »

Ruger SP101?
i'm starting to think i should've started a "weapon suggestions" thread before i began my work on this add-on. jesus christ.

Well, you can still make one