Author Topic: need help with adware  (Read 283 times)

so i was being a silly billy and downloaded a thing that ended up installing adware onto my computer.

malwarebytes found over 1600 malicious items on my system, mostly PUP's.

so malwarebytes cleared most of them and the rest i uninstalled from the control panel but loving hell theres one that malwarebytes doesn't detect and i can't find in the list of processes on the task manager.  what it does is occasionally when i load a new page it brings up this popup which usually has something to do with "there are viruses on your system, download this to fix it blahblahblah" and has mcafee written on it or it advertises roblox or some other stuffty game.

other times when I click anywhere on a page a new tab with the same thing but on a whole page instead of a popup appearing.

sometimes when i click the back button a dialogue box pops up that says something like "wait if you leave this page then your viruses will still be on your computer" and it prompts me to stay on the page (which does nothing) or leave the page.

i have no idea what to do and its ruining my browsing experience, not to mention its making the whole browser slower.

pls help

Have you tried turning it off and turning back on again?

get adwcleaner and run a scan on it

Have you tried turning it off and turning back on again?
fune guy

get adwcleaner and run a scan on it
doing that now

EDIT: adwcleaner didn't work
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:20:51 AM by ABlockOfCheese »