Poll

Should the Riot Shield have limited blocking power? (*Health, or a damage limit)

Yes, but make separate versions.
40 (87%)
No. forget you pandor
6 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Riot Shield v2  (Read 17523 times)

which means i can fix it?
which means i can fix it
A better solution would be to remove the whole radiusDamage and radiusImpulse function overwrite.
Now you removed the part where the dropped shield stopped explosion damage when the dropped shield is between the explosion and a player.
The problem, if i read correctly, was that explosion damage was being blocked by shields, even though that wasn't really the plan.

I'll post a version with the fixes that i can make now based on what i understand from the bug list. :)

Oh I remember this from way back.

Fixed the following bugs:
  • Riotshield not being able to be picked up after being ungrounded because of: "Item not part of minigame"
  • Riotshield blocks explosions and lowers the radius impulse from the explosion.
  • Too much knockback (needs feedback, not sure how much it needed to be nerfed)
  • Zombies or other melee attack bots which use the new default bot system can hit through the shield, ignoring the shield completely. (Found this while testing fixes, is now fixed. :D)
Download my fixed version here.
Take a look at it Pandan if you want, you can use it as a version 2 if you want.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:00:51 AM by lordician »

I got an idea, how about, when the ground one is planted, it can be slowly pushed? Unless somebody's on the other side.

Fixed the following bugs:Download my fixed version here.
Take a look at it Pandan if you want, you can use it as a version 2 if you want.

That's awesome dude.
If you need any models, let me know. I owe you big time.

That's awesome dude.
If you need any models, let me know. I owe you big time.
Nah man, it was nothing.
The only part that was a bit more time consuming was figuring out how i could stop the melee bots from the new bot system from getting through (they use a different hackish way, damn zombies always seem to find a way). :P
And i like to help out people, especially when it's something small.
Just keep up the good stuff. :)

Will there be plantable only and non plantable versions?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:28:15 PM by 16-Bit »

Add in health that can be turned on by rtb pref.

Add in health that can be turned on by rtb pref.
Why not a seperate version?

I was about to mention the "item not part of mini-game" thing but you fixed it. Good job, that's why I never used that feature when i was using the shield.

Been really busy lately. I'll try to update this with as many fun additions as I can when my time gets a little less pressing.

Been really busy lately. I'll try to update this with as many fun additions as I can when my time gets a little less pressing.

Like round riot police shields and a riot shield with BLPD on the black part?