Poll

Even if no more problems with the home-hosting happen, would you pay $4.00/month if HammerHost was still run at home?

Yes, home hosting will stabilize and become more reliable
No, I feel comfortable only with a remote dedicated server

Author Topic: HammerHost dedicated hosting service :: Clients, get your files  (Read 52178 times)

The whole point of having public pingdom monitoring is for transparency of service quality. If you're going to get a new pingdom account every time you have issues just to reset the downtime percentage it's completely pointless.
That's not true. I originally used HTTP as the check type, but I now wanted ICMP. Pingdom does not let you modify the type of check unless you create a new one.
The old link still works and collects data.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:06:15 PM by Hammereditor5 »

The ISP responded just now. They said that the network downtimes are their fault because they are testing equipment. So...
It's not a DoS.
Verizon also said to call again if there are more outages after 5:00 PM EST. I am expecting more, though.

jesus, why are there so many problems

jesus, why are there so many problems
He answered this in the post literally directly above you.
The network shortages in the past week have been Verizon's fault. The CPU thing is a fair point, but it's working perfectly fine. All the things that have actually been in his control are pretty normal for a service that's just starting up.

He answered this in the post literally directly above you.
The network shortages in the past week have been Verizon's fault. The CPU thing is a fair point, but it's working perfectly fine. All the things that have actually been in his control are pretty normal for a service that's just starting up.
The problems throughout the service have been frequent and major. He doesn't have server-grade hardware.

The problems throughout the service have been frequent and major. He doesn't have server-grade hardware.
yes, and none of them are his fault

Also yes he does

Also yes he does
My hardware is certainly not designed from the ground up to be used in servers. Most of it is overclocked, and there are 2 video cards connected (Radeon R9 270's), one with a powered riser, which mine scrypto-coins nonstop. It's in an open computer case cut with a hacksaw, and the whole build is designed more for mining than hosting.
But none of it has actually failed except for the fan one time.

However, the whole CPU fan failure is just as likely to happen in a tower server (if it's not in a datacenter).

My hardware is certainly not designed from the ground up to be used in servers. Most of it is overclocked, and there are 2 video cards connected (Radeon R9 270's), one with a powered riser, which mine scrypto-coins nonstop. But none of it has actually failed except for the fan one time.

However, the whole CPU fan failure is just as likely to happen in a tower server (if it's not in a datacenter).
well I mean it was a coincidence and stuff but they kind of keep datacenters locked down so dumb crap like that doesn't happen

Also did you do anything about my pm yet
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:15:13 PM by Lugnut »

I thought I already responded to your PM.
Anyway, I ran python.exe and pressed Ctrl + C. It did not exit, but printed "keyboardInterrupt" or something, then asked for more input.

this is getting annoying for me
i cant use admin_gui plus and all my add-ons wont work
and my music has .oggogoogogogoog at the end of them now