3 (9.7%)
Mango
4 (12.9%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Zombies in the Bluzone** [[CLOSING]]  (Read 487490 times)

Number two, second version, I don't really know, part of the name.

Well seeing Bluzone go isn't what I want.

But to me, Bluzone already died a long time a go. Most people have been playing with the dust and rubble left behind from its original time.

I always felt Bluzone faulted in three ways:

Opening to a public audience
A public audience broke the community bond the RP server had. It also made zero sense to the storyline. There was no way to build stories or plant seeds. People would come in and leave every day. It was totally fractured.

Lugnut's Hosting
I was one of the people that complained about Kniaz's server speed but Lugnut hosting, while kind and initially practical, was cancer to the thing. The guy got way too involved and as far as I care he contributed largely to derailing its purpose and loving it over. Kniaz seemed to get less and less control and in the end people started to think Lugnut was the creator.

Loss of Heart
Some of the original guys left which hurt the server. A lot of new players washed in and removed the personal touch. A few new faces joined the admin team. Kniaz seemed to fall out of the story. The heart of the server was lost. The players stopped being treated as friends of the server, but instead were managed in a very cold way that lead to extreme banning and lots of complaints. What went wrong? :s
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:58:03 AM by Sheath »

pff

the bluzone failed because sev was banned remember!! duhh!!

Opening to a public audience
A public audience broke the community bond the RP server had. It also made zero sense to the storyline. There was no way to build stories or plant seeds. People would come in and leave every day. It was totally fractured.

While I would have not been able to get into the server otherwise, I now think that this kind of lead to it's downfall, aswell. The story behind the zone is mostly ignored, people just get there without knowing how what happend and all. Ironicly, the private sessions hosted now are empty and boring due to the lack of people, mostly because the main European hoster (Kqgqn) is just European and hosting in times where most Americans are still asleep or getting ready for work/school. On the other hand, American based hosting would be very bad for the European guys, just as me or Kqgqn because we would have to stay up to at least 12 PM or even 4 AM to be even able to join.

Lugnut's Hosting
I was one of the people that complained about Kniaz's server speed but Lugnut hosting, while kind and initially practical, was cancer to the thing. The guy got way too involved and as far as I care he contributed largely to derailing its purpose and loving it over. Kniaz seemed to get less and less control and in the end people started to think Lugnut was the creator.

I don't really see how that is a problem. Sure people think it's Lugnut's server but that's because of the name and the indifference of most public joiners towards the forums. I don't see at all how Lugnut's killed it, he scripted stuff and nothing really more because his PC is pretty weak. May I ask to elaborate why he's "cancer"?

Loss of Heart
Some of the original guys left which hurt the server. A lot of new players washed in and removed the personal touch. A few new faces joined the admin team. Kniaz seemed to fall out of the story. The heart of the server was lost. The players stopped being treated as friends of the server, but instead were managed in a very cold way that lead to extreme banning and lots of complaints. What went wrong? :s

Have to agree on this one. Some bans are extremely unfair. There are cases in which perms are a better solution (Seventh) but how can one improve if he is permanently banned from the server without being given a second chance? Temporary bans are a more viable solution. Towards the loss of touch, I cannot really say anything because I did join once it was hosted public.

Lugnut wasn't a cancer but yes,

There was a loss of heart.

I don't see at all how Lugnut's killed it, he scripted stuff and nothing really more because his PC is pretty weak. May I ask to elaborate why he's "cancer"?

Sure.

The moment Lugnut came into the picture, I recall he began messing around with the evented admin controls. He strikes me as someone who would readily interfere in the server for better or for worse.

He was now dictating server hosting times. Kniaz had no choice but to let him have the final say on aspects of server management as well, I recall Kniaz saying "well thats up to Lugnut really" which put a middle man into the operations. I feel decisions were later compromised because of Lugnut's involvement and Bluzone stopped being as good as it could be. It was an extra person to consult at the end of the day. It slowed things down and I've always seen Lugnut as someone who was more interested in taking over than helping out.

The server was held together by Kniaz. The moment he wasn't there, the standards would slip, and I've never felt Lugnut quite appreciated how Bluzone was meant to be. He never kept the standard up when Kniaz was absent.

Also I also noticed the RP quality drop around the time he came in. This may have been a coincidence-- Lugnut hosting and Kniaz going public all mashed into one and I can't give accurate dates.

I do feel very bad about the competition thing, and I apologize completely for that...

I disagree mostly with Lugnut being bad to the server, however. But I'll agree I did take a very big step down when I asked him to be the Bluzone's coder and co-host.

I don't want to see this happen, and it's saddening to lay the Bluzone to a rest like this, but I believe it certainly had its run.

The dedicated server is up for grabs, if Lugnut doesn't want it.

I like the poll.

My IGN is Mango.

but why this way? can't Ike or someone carry on with it?

I don't mean for anyone to take this personally, but a big reason why the Bluzone started going downhill is because I wasn't there. Handing it over to someone else would be immensely ironic.

I don't mean for anyone to take this personally, but a big reason why the Bluzone started going downhill is because I wasn't there. Handing it over to someone else would be immensely ironic.

actually, yeah you're right lol. That would be.

Bluzone has had its run, and a good one at that. I think it's time it was laid to rest.

Bluzone has had its run, and a good one at that. I think it's time it was laid to rest.

how many years?

Well, ill make sure to be there at whatever no-freedom party your next sequel is.

how many years?

I think, if I add all the 'zones' up, it has been going for around one-and-a-half years?

A bit longer, probably. If you add in the months I spent building everything, it'd easily reach two years haha.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:16:42 AM by Kniaz »