Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 257973 times)

I am quite dissapointed with this service's support ticket system.
I had a problem earlier, I made a ticket, and then I posted here.
I noticed that Elhpiates was posting on here, discussing stuff.
My support ticket wasn't answered.
I understand this is a (2?) man service, but since Elfiates posted here, I knew he was on blockland.
He just wasn't taking care of his service.

[img width=1000 height=320 ]http://i.imgur.com/PBgyYo8.png[/img]

I replied to your ticket over an hour and a half ago, and that reply was 2 hours after you opened the ticket. Did you get the email to tell you the ticket had been updated?

Woah, I just checked my email. Sorry about that.
For some reason it doesn't show up on the support page
I am stupid

We just had a networking issue on our ny04 node which resulted in us unfortunately having to power cycle it. We've got enough info to look into the issue to prevent reoccurrences in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience and please feel free to raise a ticket if your server isn't starting or you experience any other issues.

Most of the features on the "Load Bricks" page do not work in Firefox. It's the same issue that had been an issue on the Add-ons page previously. I cannot upload save files or use the "Load in Server" buttons next to autosaves.

Most of the features on the "Load Bricks" page do not work in Firefox. It's the same issue that had been an issue on the Add-ons page previously. I cannot upload save files or use the "Load in Server" buttons next to autosaves.

Yeah we think we've figured that one out. I'm going to try a couple things tomorrow and update the thread with results.

I can't connect to the website, is it down?

I can't connect to the website, is it down?

We just had a networking issue on our ny04 node which resulted in us unfortunately having to power cycle it. We've got enough info to look into the issue to prevent reoccurrences in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience and please feel free to raise a ticket if your server isn't starting or you experience any other issues.

It stopped working recently- I hope you liked the picture I sent you. ;-)

The panel should be back now too. Sorry for the inconvenience again!

i really hope you guys add a convenient way to load bricks as public, yours or saved owner soon.

So the issues we were having were unfortunately a malicious attack. Even more unfortunate is the fact that the source ip address is hammereditor's home ip.

I've added appropriate firewall rules to all webservers to drop his incoming traffic and everything's returned to normal now. Sorry for the inconvenience folks.

Even more unfortunate is the fact that the source ip address is hammereditor's home ip.
Can we have some proof? He's an idiot but he's not that stupid. Or... is he?

Yeah, given the circumstances: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=gD9mXc16

That's a small selection of connections (netstat output) from hammereditor's home IP opening connections to port 80 on the rtb webserver to max out the connection limit. I'd rather not discuss this any further in the thread but do feel free to take it over to drama and I'll be happy to discuss more.

I've added appropriate firewall rules to all webservers to drop his incoming traffic and everything's returned to normal now. Sorry for the inconvenience folks.
Does this mean he can no longer connect to RTB hosted servers? Pretty embarrassing for him, lol.

I'd rather not discuss this any further in the thread but do feel free to take it over to drama and I'll be happy to discuss more.
Oh boy. I was just about to ask if we could switch out of press conference mode for a couple minutes to hear all the juicy details.