Poll

Which web browser do you use?

Chrome
Firefox
Internet Explorer

Author Topic: Forum Extension - Show Someone's Last Topics |New Poll: Your web browser?|  (Read 8523 times)

we believe in you.
thanks! and omg I finally fixed the bug!

Does this do anything in chrome?

No button. no nothing.

Does this do anything in chrome?

No button. no nothing.
It won't work properly if you aren't logged into your blockland forums account. If you are logged in, make sure you downloaded the extension and have it enabled.

In chrome, go to settings > extensions, and make sure 'Show Last Topics' is enabled. Then go to anyone's profile page on forums while logged in, and you should see the 'Show last topics of this person' option at the bottom.

I think it would be cool to have a 'like' and 'dislike' option for posts. I guess that could be abused with alts, but so can polls. The only problem is that I'd have to have a database where everything is stored.

The only problem is that I'd have to have a database where everything is stored.
I have a website with MySQL that you could use. I imagine you'd need to know some amount of PHP, though

uh
I'm usin the firefox version and when I click the button, while it's populating the list, there's some insane lag

uh
I'm usin the firefox version and when I click the button, while it's populating the list, there's some insane lag
I'm trying to fix that for the next update. The way it makes the list is changing entirely.

Ok I've finally got the code to where it will show topics in perfect order of how long ago they were posted. In addition to that, I'll also have the features listed below in the next update:
  • Choose a particular forum board to find topics from (general discussion, help, etc.)
  • An option to only load 20 topics at a time, to reduce lag
  • Bug fix: 'show topics' button will work for people who have only 1 'Show last posts' page.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:58:47 PM by Farad »

I haven't figured out how to make it load a certain number of topics at a time, but I've made it search through a certain number of pages of someone's last posts at a time. I might update the extension for both chrome and firefox tomorrow to include these things:
  • An option to search through however many pages of last posts at a time, to reduce lag
  • Bug fix: 'show topics' button will work for people who have only 1 'Show last posts' page.
  • Show which board the topics were from (at the end of each link, so you can ctrl f "general discussion" to find all topics from that board)

EDIT: New poll added - Which web browser do you use?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:28:43 AM by Farad »

Avast is reporting this plugin with a poor reputation. However, I'm just having avast ignoring the plugin as it is safe.

Avast is reporting this plugin with a poor reputation. However, I'm just having avast ignoring the plugin as it is safe.
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I bet they get thousands of false reports of abuse everyday, so it's probably going to take more than one report for anything to happen.