Author Topic: Fabletop - ZOMBIE ADVENTURES  (Read 1577 times)

Doing a Zombie RPG game session. You'll need an account, but there's no email verification so feel free to enter something fake. Pick "Modern Crime" when designing your character. Choose a class and traits from that if you want to join. Ask me if you have any questions.

CLOSED: http://fabletop.com/table/mczealot

http://fabletop.com/

Fabletop is an RPG designer in which you create simplistic maps out of two block heights and several block types. The graphics aren't very pretty, but it's extremely easy and fun to host Dungeons and Dragons games, or you could play a Star Trek Game, or a Zombie Game, or anything you want. There are tons of miniatures and customizable stats to choose from.

I'm gonna host some D&D games with this (debating between Zombies or Medieval Fantasy) and anyone who wants to play can post below with their steam name. I'll try and message them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:05:37 PM by McZealot »

Still fond of Roll20 for GMing, but the psuedo 3D and ability to talk as other characters (without GM powers) seem pretty chill. Is it for any form of tabletop games?

Also if you GM, what version do you plan on playing? As I've only ever done the first AD&D (as a player) and Pathfinder (as both GM and player but only homebrewn), the newer editions are a little unfamiliar to me.

Still fond of Roll20 for GMing, but the psuedo 3D and ability to talk as other characters (without GM powers) seem pretty chill. Is it for any form of tabletop games?

Also if you GM, what version do you plan on playing? As I've only ever done the first AD&D (as a player) and Pathfinder (as both GM and player but only homebrewn), the newer editions are a little unfamiliar to me.
If I end up doing D&D I'll probably just do the version I know how to play (4e with a couple 5e elements). The main changes are to magic and crafting, not many casual changes.

Roll20 is really based around D&D. Fabletop can be used for anything.

could you configure this for another system, I.E GURPS or FUDGE?

I'm gonna host some D&D games with this (debating between Zombies or Medieval Fantasy) and anyone who wants to play can post below with their steam name. I'll try and message them.
foxscotch

If I end up doing D&D I'll probably just do the version I know how to play (4e with a couple 5e elements). The main changes are to magic and crafting, not many casual changes.

Totally unfamiliar with 4e. Is the D&D4 wiki a good resource for reading up on the rules and for making a sheet if I would want to play? It's mostly because my friend tried to start a 5e game since they bought books for it, but since there was no good information online, we just switched to pathfinder.

I'm also not really sure if I want to jump into a new campaign (this would be my 3rd active one), especially with spring break ending, too. Maybe if there were another campaign over the summer?

But I'll definitely look at Fabletop for future games! O:

Can you create your own resources and such?

/id/FinalWalrus
Now I really want to try this

Well, as exciting as it seemed at first, it appears that the program is old, abandoned, and incredible frustrating to use. Did a test game and I'll probly never want to use it again. To anyone curious, I have a D&D Gamemode you can play (guide is included in folder) that is a lot more fun.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=263057.0

Closing the topic. If anyone wants to play in Blockland add me on steam at
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032128103

Starting this topic back up. The dice system only lets you roll d3 dice with a 1- 3 chance of getting a  star and a 2-3 chance of getting nothing. This doesn't work for D&D but it will work for other things.

As much as I hate to triple post, I'm gonna do a Zombie RPG session now. (Characters are stored on the account.) Anyone is free to join.

---

We went for about 1.5 hours with 5 players. It was a lot of fun.

We started in a bar, investigating a dead barkeep. Suddenly, a car broke through the wall and a zombie rushed in. We shot it, and took some alcohol and a fire extinguisher. We went into the back alley, and found a group of 8 zombies feasting on a dead soldier. We searched a dumpster and found matches. We made a molotov roostertail and threw it at the group. The soldier screamed out that his depot was to the north, and to warn his comrades. We took binoculars and an assault rifle from his body, and then headed north.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:08:48 PM by McZealot »