Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 296999 times)

I am a certified glass deleter. Seriously, you broke the old system of preferences of all things.

thank you for the constructive feedback, now are you going to tell me how it's actually broken?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 06:34:56 PM by Paperwork »

The fact prefs cant be accessed in Server Settings > Preferences. You have to go in a menu where there is no clue that it is actually there.

Also, Prefs being changed to default settings randomly.

The fact prefs cant be accessed in Server Settings > Preferences. You have to go in a menu where there is no clue that it is actually there.

Also, Prefs being changed to default settings randomly.

how are you actually changing the preferences, what are you using to accomplish that?
are you using any other systems like glass such as rtb or orbs?

EDIT: Darth C3PO helped me test it (thanks) this time, and he helped me find the issue on why new users weren't having their prefs saved - the update should be issued shortly.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 10:03:37 PM by Paperwork »

I find it astonishing how oblivious people are to keybinds. I don't mean to make a "back in my day" post, but when I was regularly playing Blockland and downloading client mods, keybinds were the first things I checked about. I'm sorry that a lack of a button makes this broken for you.

There was a menu button for RTB's prefs? I always used a keybind for it anyway.

wait there was a keybind for that

wait there was a keybind for that
yeah i always used the menu
i don't remember ever seeing an option to set a keybind for it

EDIT: Darth C3PO helped me test it (thanks) this time, and he helped me find the issue on why new users weren't having their prefs saved - the update should be issued shortly.
That's good news, I thought I was the only one having my preferences revert on server resets.

Do you need to uncheck the 'Use RTB' checkbox when you start your server for the prefs to save properly?

That's good news, I thought I was the only one having my preferences revert on server resets.

report issues as soon as possible.
an unreported issue is going to take longer to fix if nobody reports it in the first place.

Do you need to uncheck the 'Use RTB' checkbox when you start your server for the prefs to save properly?

that shouldn't make any difference at all, an RTB folder is actually created in the absence of System_ReturnToBlockland so that add-ons will execute their prefs properly - so you're always going to see that check box.

on a further note, if a server is running Glass and you want to change the preferences, that should only ever be done with the Glass Preferences GUI only - not RTB (if the server is running both).

a stripped down RTB should be fine if you still want to be able to change preferences on servers which are still using RTB and not Glass, though if you have oRBs: get rid of that garbage.

I can't upload a colorset.

I can't upload a colorset.

more information.
what's happening?

more information.
what's happening?
It displays an almost blank page with either bool(0) or bool(false). The file I'm uploading includes the colorSet.txt and description.txt. Name is "ColorSet_Rggbnnnnn.zip".
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:16:59 PM by rggbnnnnn »

It's likely an issue with the site being case sensitive (it checks for "colorset.txt"). I can patch it tomorrow. Resubmit it with a lowercase colorset.txt instead.