Author Topic: Mercury  (Read 2876 times)

player-controlled character

i think not
i'd take your suggestions if you guys weren't always "JUMP INTO THE ABYS !!1!!1!!111!"

i'd take your suggestions if you guys weren't always "JUMP INTO THE ABYS !!1!!1!!111!"
there were multiple suggestions

I am the only abyss-jumper

this project gets a 1/10

you called us stupid because we didn't want the terrain turning brown

okay test over
this was to see how this section's community would react with a different type of art style with a common base; this probably wasn't the most ideal choice for it, but I was still a little surprised at how many people didn't care for this.
of course, it could've been because:
 - not so positive reputation/luck with forum adventures
 - concept wasn't tolerated
 - heavy mix strayed too far and went a little too overboard for it to be tolerated
so, well, this could decide the fate of another adventure I was debating about doing, and maybe other adventures.
however, the planned adventure I'm thinking about if I should make it or not is likely going to get a different reaction from this.

I'm going to leave this here if you want to discuss.

i would have stayed if it were more player-controlled

i would have stayed if it were more player-controlled
yeah, I admit I used a bit too much freewill, but I would've let it been more controlled by others if cooperation had been better - however, some of that was probably in my fault. I'll keep it in mind when creating future adventures.

"you don't want things to randomly turn brown? stupid"

"you don't want things to randomly turn brown? stupid"
well the concept of the adventure was having the scenario's palette change along with the abilities the character gains - eg. the brown/sepia palette allows him to lift certain blocks, other palettes could heat/cool the environment, change gravity, ect.
but apparently the selection of colors weren't pleasing so