Author Topic: I haven't been this giddy in years  (Read 2068 times)

Holy stuff

This looks loving amazing

Looks pretty good, although when he's fighting it looks like he's just waving his arms around and hoping for the best.

if you are going to sacrifice having a decent looking game to be edgy, you should not be a game developer
better yet, you never be a dev.  Games are supposed to be fun.  If something is screwy, especially animation systems (see anything that uses euphoria) it can be really fun to mess with.  Maybe toribash should have been pre-animated.  To completely remove the purpose of a game being made is just dumb.  They want to make something original and fun, not another diablo clone.

Euphoria provides what it is named. I love that engine so much.

Looks great but I have a few issues with it.
  • I REALLY hope they don't screw up combat like so many other RPG's where you just click and wait or mash buttons 1-9 (WoW style pretty much)
  • ^^^I just watched the youtube video covering combat and I think they did it awesomely. HOWEVER he said that parrying was automatic when you're not attacking, I would prefer controls to block and parry for added difficulty and realism.
  • Thunder is dynamic, great, but player/enemy sounds should be too. If you're zoomed out you shouldn't hear the footsteps or voices so loud.
  • They made the mapmaking amazingly, but it just makes me want to use it. Players should get their own plots or land or something to do as they please.
  • This looks like it would eat my RAM and fry my CPU
  • He's very proud that he wrote everything himself, which may show that he would be discouraged from getting outside help when it would be needed to enhance the game.
  • Is this only singleplayer? It seems it like it would only work fluidly in singleplayer so far.
  • I realize it's very young in it's development and can't wait to see what happens.

• He's very proud that he wrote everything himself, which may show that he would be discouraged from getting outside help when it would be needed to enhance the game.
He seems like a sensible person and he really wants to make this game, if he needs help he'll get it.