Author Topic: Will there be clouds and other environmental effects?  (Read 593 times)

I know how you all hate topics about V21 but its a massive update and there are several different things each topic can cover. This is more of a suggestion for Badspot and add-on makers.

Are there going to be clouds in sky that will cast shadows if they are in line with the sun?

Will there be better rain and snow? (Rain that doesnt fall though bricks, its done before on AoG)

(Another question I am wondering is that wether the sun will be the only light source that will cast light. or will other lights such as "Player's Light" create shadows as well?)

I know for sure that other lights will cast shadows, as for clouds and precipitation, I'm not sure if it was mentioned.

this is a legitimate topic and should not be flamed.
Are there going to be clouds in sky that will cast shadows if they are in line with the sun?
this would be awesome.
(Another question I am wondering is that wether the sun will be the only light source that will cast light. or will other lights such as "Player's Light" create shadows as well?)
yes, other light sources cast light

I really hope they fix weather going through bricks, I remember building tents and having rain come through the bricks, it totally ruined the effect. :/

They said there can be multiple light sources, but only the sun casts shadows.

They said there can be multiple light sources, but only the sun casts shadows.
I hope interior lighting would block shadows. Everything casting a deep shadow to the west even inside a house would like weird.

stuff mentioned here is probably what they are working on.

The house would have a ceiling and walls right?

It would be completely dark inside without windows and lights.

I hope interior lighting would block shadows. Everything casting a deep shadow to the west even inside a house would like weird.
I'm pretty sure that a brick does not cast a shadow if it is already in shadow.

Clouds casting shadows on the world would be epic. Even CryEngine doesn't do this.

The house would have a ceiling and walls right?

It would be completely dark inside without windows and lights.

I just noticed that, we are going to actually have to use lights inside buildings now.

stuff mentioned here is probably what they are working on.

Yeah I guess your right, but there should be a light in the brick settings called "Sun's Light" in case we want to cast more shadows for the hell of it or for video making.