Poll

How do you feel about your first memories of Blockland?

Can't remember
1 (10%)
I like them
5 (50%)
I don't like them
0 (0%)
I'm fairly neutral about them
1 (10%)
You're a loving moron
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: What is your first memory of playing Blockland?  (Read 1214 times)

/title

Essentially the first memory you have of playing Blockland, like the first thing you remembered doing.

For me, it was joining a server running Papa Fort or Fort Papa (whatever it was called) and talking to the people hosting it.

It was pretty cool.

Joining AGNRY FAIC's server
first person I met there was Edd

i can't remember
i do remember the first memory i had was of being on my own server
some lad named Mr. Pieman or something like that came on and we hung around and he even gave me a save of an airport he was working on
never saw the guy again unfortunately
this was about.... 2009 I think

I joined some server run by somebody called "BLOOD" or something, he was hosting this gnarly jeep challenge course and it was super difficult. That was online, my first singleplayer memory was building a rainbow FX box on kitchen

playing the beta on what i remember as a dark bedroom map with the default house loaded

building the twin towers with the random color after placing every brick setting checked

I feel like this falls into General Discussion??

OT: playing the demo in 2007 and skipping the tutorial and not knowing wtf was going on

Not counting the demo, there was this player named "§tar §prite" who used to always host a waterpark server, I met Lego Lad and "AWESOMEPRODUCTIONS" / Gatekepper on that server, they're still my friends

Star though never plays BL anymore since she's like 19-20 right now, disappeared on steam too lol

red_guy's infinite mining is one of them

used to always play single player when i bought my key

battlemix was my first server

stuff was fun

first time i ever got blockland:

tried the default gamemodes

played the demo trying to make a crappy boat and failing when i couldnt save my game

bought game

played

accidentally bought the game on steam because i thought you had to buy the game to transfer your non steam bl key into the new steam version

had a mental breakdown

came back year later, played again

found a thing called the forums

life became hard

started drinking hard liquor to make my thoughts about the forums go away

tried to ignore forums

fail
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:09:22 PM by alien cunt »

the main one is playing boss battles with friends and buying akimbo every time
first time i ever got blockland:

tried the default gamemodes

played the demo trying to make a crappy boat and failing when i couldnt save my game

bought game

played

accidentally bought the game on steam because i thought you had to buy the game to transfer your non steam bl key into the new steam version

had a mental breakdown

came back year later, played again

life became hard

started drinking hard liquor to make my thoughts about the forums go away

tried to ignore forums

fail
when you try to act older than you are so you talk about alcohol
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:46:02 PM by Drydess »

i remember getting the demo in like jan 2012 and richarding around in the secret area in the bed, i'm pretty sure i built like a police station or something

life became hard

get a social life then