Author Topic: Newegg forces me to accidently order a keyboard twice  (Read 1911 times)

they shouldn't charge you anything if the package hasn't been shipped yet
It has been shipped, but i wasnt notified of it ordered twice until today, as i had ordered it at like 4 yesterday.

Just take a picture of the email with your personal info cropped/crossed out.

I just don't believe they would charge a $40 refund fee, it doesn't make any sense
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.
Are you sure you explained the situation to them properly or have interpreted their e-mail correctly?

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.
Are you sure you explained the situation to them properly or have interpreted their e-mail correctly?
It has been shipped
The "refunding fee" is most likely a restocking fee
"Any return for a refund may be subject to a restocking fee of 15% to 25% at Newegg’s sole discretion."
Although $40 is more than 25%

That's still stupid though. Call them and be more angry and threaten to shop somewhere else with better return policies

Just use the "return an item" section under order history
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:28:24 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

If this is real, the best thing you can do is hand the situation over to an adult

contact the bank and declare it a fraudulent transaction
you were under the impression that you were buying one keyboard for half the price charged

as far as we know OP is entirely at fault. also probably as far as OP knows
it would be fair for newegg to give a refund, but telling your bank it's "fraudulent" is jumping the gun, until you know what actually happened
Will have to try that in the morning, I don't know if i can actually contact them because im not sure if either of their phone services are open by the time i get back from school which is about 4 pm
any banks bigger than a local credit union are certainly gonna have 24/7 numbers you can call. when you're talking about very possibly all of someone's money you can't really afford to not have a way for them to deal with an emergency

it would be fair for newegg to give a refund, but telling your bank it's "fraudulent" is jumping the gun, until you know what actually happened
Computers screw up. Companies are expected to understand this and react accordingly. If a company charges you for something you did not purchase and refuse to refund it they have committed a crime.

If they refuse to refund it, or ask for a refund fee, warn them that you will contact the bank and report them as having made a fraudulent charge. Ask to speak to a manager if you can.

If they don't, just call the bank or your credit card company. Tell them you were charged for something you did not purchase and request they reverse it.

contact the bank and declare it a fraudulent transaction
you were under the impression that you were buying one keyboard for half the price charged
Keep in mind if you do this before the package arrives at your house, Newegg could recall both keyboards
Wait until it arrives, then call Newegg. Then call bank if Newegg won't help. You'll probably have to return the one though

IIRC it's not just "ok here's your money guy and here's your fine newegg"
My bank gives you a temporary credit, then investigates the issue, which presumably would involve contacting Newegg. Then my bank either makes the credit permanent, or withdraws it, either because the results weren't good or the company issued their own reason or whatever
But yeah he should definitely try to work with Newegg first

any banks bigger than a local credit union are certainly gonna have 24/7 numbers you can call. when you're talking about very possibly all of someone's money you can't really afford to not have a way for them to deal with an emergency
this too

Computers screw up.
computers programs can screw up, but in this case that seems unlikely to me
what I imagine happened was butlerblockhead refreshed some page that he shouldn't have. chrome at least (but I'm sure most browsers) warns you when you try to refresh a page that involved a POST request, but it wouldn't be hard to believe that he just ignored the warning, if that's what happened
If a company charges you for something you did not purchase and refuse to refund it they have committed a crime.
no they did not...
first of all, the company doesn't have any responsibility for your browser messing something up. that's all on you, and the software you're using
and second, in the case that your browser messed up, they probably don't even have any way to tell on their end. to them, it just looks like two perfectly legitimate purchases for the same keyboard. the only thing they'd have to go by in that case is your word, which they don't have any obligation to trust over their computers

you probably added 2 to your cart by accident

If a company charges you for something you did not purchase and refuse to refund it they have committed a crime.
uhhh
lol

which they don't have any obligation to trust over their computers
Yeah they do, it's called having good customer service.

It's not like he's asking for free stuff or anything, just a return.
It doesn't cost the company anything (assuming they make him pay for return shipping) aside from the insignificant wage cost for a warehouse worker to press a few buttons and walk to the location the product goes.
It costs the company more not to because people will
shop somewhere else with better return policies

Yeah they do, it's called having good customer service.
since he literally called it a crime and I was responding to that, I figured it would be inferred that I mean legal obligation

since he literally called it a crime and I was responding to that, I figured it would be inferred that I mean legal obligation
oh yeah I guess I kinda skimmed over that