15 (14.9%)
Kaspersky
10 (9.9%)
Norton
1 (1%)
AVG
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Author Topic: What anti-viruses do you use?  (Read 3530 times)

Sorry, this isn't 2004. People have figured out the art of getting a virus past your nose, and have been using it for quite a while now. Get an actual antivirus, you dumbasses.
You can forget off.

I haven't had a single virus or issue in 2 years. I do 6-month scans with various programs, but otherwise all they do is interfere and delete programs which are necessary to me. I do a lot of extraction, and many of the apps I use operate similar to actual viruses, but don't actual do anything harmful to the system. I have no need for a stuffty virus scanner which is going to constantly tell me that the program I need to use which I've got the source code to and doesn't have any dangerous code in it is "lethal".

I use Adblock Pro, Ghostry and a few other Firefox addons, since they are genuinely helpful.

You can forget off.

I haven't had a single virus or issue in 2 years. I do 6-month scans with various programs, but otherwise all they do is interfere and delete programs which are necessary to me. I do a lot of extraction, and many of the apps I use operate similar to actual viruses, but don't actual do anything harmful to the system. I have no need for a stuffty virus scanner which is going to constantly tell me that the program I need to use which I've got the source code to and doesn't have any dangerous code in it is "lethal".

I use Adblock Pro, Ghostry and a few other Firefox addons, since they are genuinely helpful.

QFT

Why do people not use KasperSky? Look at this man's face. He is going to protect the crap out of your computer.

Why do people not use KasperSky? Look at this man's face. He is going to protect the crap out of your computer.
and that's exactly what he does

I use Eset Smart Security 7.

this
i didnt have one because i never really fell for this
but out of all the people to send me that virus it was the ONE person who i would believe to be incompetent enough to send something like that

Well, uh, now I use Eset Smart Security 8. Didn't know there was an update.

You can forget off.

You know most, if not all antivirus programs let you whitelist programs you don't want deleted, right?
If you're using something that immediately deletes it instead of quarantining the program you're using, then it's probably not a decent program to begin with.

I used to think I didn't need one until I realized how easy they are to get. Now I have Avast and MalwareBytes.

AVG (almost wrote VAG :\) It's all I need

I use basic browser security, adBlock and noScript, as well as system protection via both Norton 360 & Malwarebytes.

i read title as "what antivirus do you see"

i think i need to go to bed

i read title as "what antivirus do you see"

i think i need to go to bed
yes you do
OT: ESET Smart Security 7

You know most, if not all antivirus programs let you whitelist programs you don't want deleted, right?
If you're using something that immediately deletes it instead of quarantining the program you're using, then it's probably not a decent program to begin with.

Why would you bother installing a program and painstakingly whitelist each of them when you don't need that program in the first place? All it'll do is slow your system down in that case.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:24:13 AM by portify »

Here's my problems

A) Most programs seems to assume I'm an idiot, and refuse to whitelist the program; they accept, but immediately they'll re-add the program to the quarantine list
B) I have a LOT of apps in folders spread over 3 HDDs, and I don't want to spend hours whitelisting every single one of them in the off-chance I might actually use them

Furthermore, I don't like having a super complex firewall setup. I already have a hardware firewall which works fine, and a few Firefox addons to prevent crazy scripts from launching without my permission. I don't need additional software to try and control my net behaviour. They also have large filesizes for download (and my cap is not good), swallow RAM like there's no tomorrow and take time to disable or uninstall (usually making it unclear).

I have my system. It works great. The only issues I have to deal with are the occasional HDD failures (since they're getting old) and some scripts for different programs not liking other scripts. In my experience, anti-virus programs bring FAR more problems than they fix.