Poll

Rate Block Wars (serious feedback is appreciated)

1/5 stars
5 (5.4%)
2/5 stars
4 (4.3%)
3/5 stars
12 (12.9%)
4/5 stars
35 (37.6%)
5/5 stars
37 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Block Wars - Locked: See New Topic for Sequel  (Read 59671 times)

how dare you rhyme so badly
...and you do sound like a bot, sadly

some say I sound like a bot

but i'm not
you missed your change to say "but i'm no bot" nice job -___-

some say I sound like a bot

but i'm not
did someone say robot

luke's voice actor has the same personality as a brick
thanks

there were a few things i wasn't particularly liking about the film.

• first off, and the biggest problem i had, was han solo's voice actor. he sounded like he was reciting his lines while half asleep. like did you give him valium or something wtf. super low energy. could have done a lot better there.
  • luke's voice actor's microphone quality wasn't very good, it was scratchy and too loud oftentimes.
  • some of the jokes, such as at 8:30, 10:20, 39:20, 46:55, and 51:30 just weren't that funny.
  • some people or objects abruptly appear/disappear in between shots, such as at 4:25, 5:23,
  • some scenes (such as the moisture farm burning) could have used some extra emitters to give them proper effects. the fire was there in that particular scene, but where was the smoke?
  • the falcon's landing ramp at 38:30 is not fully attached to the ship
  • The tie fighter at 46:40 is moving SO SLOW. What's up with that?
  • Darth Vader isn't even flying the TIE Advanced X-1, which could have been done alright there since you're using greenscreen to put the fighters in the shot anyway.

However, I was impressed with how you replicated the stormtrooper voices
there were some pretty funny moments too, like at 11:40, 42:15, 43:40, 45:06, 46:28, 49:15.

• luke's voice actor's microphone quality wasn't very good, it was scratchy and too loud oftentimes.
yeah this was a problem that i couldn't really fix at the moment. i'll be getting a new one soon hopefully, then you can get the full hodot experience

• first off, and the biggest problem i had, was han solo's voice actor. he sounded like he was reciting his lines while half asleep. like did you give him valium or something wtf. super low energy. could have done a lot better there.
I'm pretty certain Nobot read his lines in a monotone voice deliberately for the sake of laughs. I'm not seeing the problem here.

there were a few things i wasn't particularly liking about the film.
It's not perfect, but did these small details really ruin it for you?
Also, humor is subjective; just because you didn't find a few jokes funny doesn't mean they're not funny for anybody else.

edited for clarification
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:00:27 AM by --LegoPepper-- »

I'm pretty certain Nobot read his lines in a monotone voice deliberately for the sake of laughs. I'm not seeing the problem here.

That was actually my intention. If it doesn't resonate with everyone that's fine, I thought it was funny.

that commentary was great

suck my spacestick -hansolo

That was actually my intention. If it doesn't resonate with everyone that's fine, I thought it was funny.
Yeah, that's what I thought. And plenty of other people found it hilarious (including myself). But in all fairness like LegoPepper said though, it's subjective. So to each their own I guess.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:06:51 AM by Valkerone »

yea i liked the monotone voice

i was hoping it would have been less of a comedy and more serious in nature
i personally just didnt find it very funny. star wars isnt meant to be funny anyway, it's an epic space opera about intergalactic conflict.
hopefully episode 5 can do better. i have high confidence in cowboy dude. he's taking his work very seriously.

i rate this 2/5 stars. the build quality is good and the 3d animations and models were well made, as well as some of the greenscreen effects. however, star wars is not a joke, and it does not deserve to be treated as such.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:43:25 AM by Planr »