Do you think it will be cool?

Yea
4 (12.9%)
Sure
3 (9.7%)
No
24 (77.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: James Cameron's: Avatar  (Read 2454 times)

ITT ALL CURRENT MOVIES; LOL WHO NEEDS PLOT JUST ADD IN stuffTY SPECIAL EFFECTS ALL THESE AUTISTIC CHILDREN WILL WATCH IT ANYWAY

/raeg
It's sad because it's true. :(

The story was seriously bad. None of the "bad guys" had interesting personalities at all. All the best movies have characters that have a fan base on both sides IE Star wars with Vader and such. I don't find any general quatrich fansites out there, but plenty of people dressed in avatar costumes.

The plants and stuff were cool, but at the end of the movie you don't even notice the unique world at all. Other than the sky mountain battle scene and the parts where jake explores the forest, the whole unique world idea is pretty much lost.

The humans seemed to have put no effort into defeating the aliens at all. The general guy goes on and on saying how the forest will eat you alive and stuff you out dead and how everything is violent and ready to kill you. But then he decides to fly a giant plane, even though he knows the navi are most powerful in the sky. He chooses to fly it through the vortex, disabling all targeting systems as well. They also decide to send out foot soldiers into a jungle full of giant creatures.

I think james cameron tried to make it focus too much on "Hey look i can make a movie wanting you to betray your own race and i'll be the first to do that!" instead of "Lets make a good movie, with a good plot, good effects, and actually put thought into the development of it." He writes a script about 8 years ago and then just pulls it back out of his drawer and gives it over to the design team and makes Avatar.

I thought the movie graphically was an amazing feat. The concept of the alien planet was unique as well. The way the aliens' forest is linked and how they have direct connections to their god and the nature was unique as well. It was a decent movie, but a lot could have been better. I hope james cameron improves upon the flaws in the sequel, and yes he is making one.

The game sucks. The movie was good. In my opinion of course.

The movie had good CGI, however the plot is cliche.

So this is the new bandwagon fad huh? Avatar movie sucked... Does this forums have a problem with things that sell massive amounts... (mw2 anyone?)

So this is the new bandwagon fad huh? Avatar movie sucked... Does this forums have a problem with things that sell massive amounts... (mw2 anyone?)
You suck at reading in so many ways.
First of all, the whole "Avatar sucks" thing isn't a "new bandwagon."
Second of all, half of the topic said the movie was either good or decent.

The part where the banchee bit off the guys head was pretty sweet.

Yes.

The plots pretty good to me.

I think james cameron tried to make it focus too much on "Hey look i can make a movie wanting you to betray your own race and i'll be the first to do that!" instead of "Lets make a good movie, with a good plot, good effects, and actually put thought into the development of it." He writes a script about 8 years ago and then just pulls it back out of his drawer and gives it over to the design team and makes Avatar.
From what I remember, the movie took 3+ years to make.  You cant say no thought was put into it

How would you have made it better?

the movie took 3+ years to make.

Doesn't matter.

It's story is bad, and they had enough time to make it good.

ITT ALL CURRENT MOVIES; LOL WHO NEEDS PLOT JUST ADD IN stuffTY SPECIAL EFFECTS ALL THESE AUTISTIC CHILDREN WILL WATCH IT ANYWAY

The part where the banchee bit off the guys head was pretty sweet.

Haha Agent Awesome just proved him right.

Doesn't matter.

It's story is bad, and they had enough time to make it good.
Whats so bad about about it, and how would you have made it better?

Perhaps. Or yes?
From what have seen here on the forums people will:
A. Worship anything made by Valve.
B. Love something not by Valve for a little bit then hate it because its over hyped.
C. Get mad at valve and then love valve.
D. Demand flatshaded models.
E. Hate anything from the mass media.

Whats so bad about about it, and how would you have made it better?

Oxymorons
Everything and nothing