Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 243584 times)

Because the length of the explosions are variable and not known
Press as soon as burst starts -> end when it fades

Plus it trails the lights giving it a nice tail effect

-snip-

All taken on an LG G4

Oh wow, those are pretty awesome photos for a phone :O...

Here's a picture of my aunt's sleepy cat... I need to get better at photography >_<... I like this photo though, lol.

here's this pile of garbage i took last night

forgot to post this here, did a bit of some good ol experimental and not illegal photography.

Did some photo when in a dimly lit bowling alley on Saturday. First time using my speedlight, so it was good practice

I ordered some macro extension tubes that should arrive today, that should be fun to mess around with. Cheaper than a macro lens; hopefully the image quality isn't too much lower

Did some photo when in a dimly lit bowling alley on Saturday. First time using my speedlight, so it was good practice

I ordered some macro extension tubes that should arrive today, that should be fun to mess around with. Cheaper than a macro lens; hopefully the image quality isn't too much lower
macros are fuuuuun. Although all I use mine for is just taking pics of tree ;~;

otherwise, considering investing in either a 50mm, 85mm, or a 17-300 something mm lens. Already have used the 300mm and 50mm lens (friend of mine let me try em out) and both are incredibly good. Although it's just such a loving difficult decision.

My macro tubes arrived. It was a set of three different lengths, autofocus is supposed to work on any of them in any combination but it only works with the biggest one.

otherwise, considering investing in either a 50mm, 85mm, or a 17-300 something mm lens.
I'm not really interested in such ridiculous zoom ranges because it compromises too much on other factors. I have an 18-140 that works for everything I've needed, without needing to carry around the size and weight of that extra focal length I don't use. I have a 70-300 if I really need some telephoto. I also have a 35
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:24:20 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

My macro tubes arrived. It was a set of three different lengths, autofocus is supposed to work on any of them in any combination but it only works with the biggest one.
I'm not really interested in such ridiculous zoom ranges because it compromises too much on other factors. I have an 18-140 that works for everything I've needed, without needing to carry around the size and weight of that extra focal length I don't use. I have a 70-300 if I really need some telephoto. I also have a 35
y'know that's a really good point actually, and besides a 17-300mm can't fit in my bag anyways.

but hey they take great phototots

and also I'm not aware where you live but my town is pretty much within a valley so the lens does come handy in shooting sick pics of fog rolling over the hills and whatnot, which is unachievable with my kit lens so. But I guess I might as well invest in a 18-140 considering that I doubt I'll be needing that much zoom factor.

I have a Tamron 70-300 and it can take some great macro photos

Ok I figured this out.
They all work, but they don't fit tightly so you have to wiggle them around to make the contacts align

Here's the first picture I took as a test

At 100% the back of the inside is very noticeably out of focus, but I like it for a first macro attempt. I'll just have to get more images to stack next time
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:35:37 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Taken in Berlin. I finally got my 18-200 back from the shot right before this trip.

I'm really interested in graffiti and sort of typography so that's a cool picture, I can also say that 'B' looks really nice, it's consistent throughout the letter.

i was bored so i took a macro shot of my eye

Hey, folks. I'm selling a camera.

I have here a Nikon D5000 that's essentially like new, with maybe a few scratches on the bottom near the battery cover from when I fell down a muddy slope. I'm also selling a battery grip, two batteries, and an AF-S NIKKOR 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G lens,

All of this for ~$360 dollars. PM me if you're interested.

Hey, folks. I'm selling a camera.

I have here a Nikon D5000 that's essentially like new, with maybe a few scratches on the bottom near the battery cover from when I fell down a muddy slope. I'm also selling a battery grip, two batteries, and an AF-S NIKKOR 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G lens,

All of this for ~$360 dollars. PM me if you're interested.
I'd buy the stuff out of it if I wasn't saving moola for lenses. How's the shooting quality?