Author Topic: [AoE] - Area of Effect - Closed -_-  (Read 31694 times)

So I am guessing not much is going on
and hia Conan

hi

and clan is pretty inactive :/

We need to host a big event, not like BlockoWorld though. Like some kind of RPG maybe? Or a TDM?

We need to host a big event, not like BlockoWorld though. Like some kind of RPG maybe? Or a TDM?
HCC Campaign is currently an inter-clan collaboratory project and I'd like some more comments on it.

If you would like to participate PM me.

I would love to help out when I have the spare time

Attention all AoE members!

There is a new Sub-Clan, known as Area of Effect Elites [Ao2E]

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=156332.msg3742933#msg3742933

Please see the post for more information about Ao2E and how to apply

K I will app cause I am just lovey like that

Attention all AoE members!

There is a new Sub-Clan, known as Area of Effect Elites [Ao2E]

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=156332.msg3742933#msg3742933

Please see the post for more information about Ao2E and how to apply
My vision is 20/20 and I can hardly see the text.

My vision is 20/20 and I can hardly see the text.

Oh, the handicapped irony.
gtfo

The difference is not that much:

Clan Tag (Required): Ruby
Area of Effect Elites are distinguished members of Area of Effect

The main difference is less white space between letters.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:39:00 PM by Nexus »

|About Ao2E|Divisions|Members|Gallery|Additional Info|

Introducing Area of Effect Elites [Ao2E]

Area of Effect Elites are distinguished members of Area of Effect who demonstrate maturity, developed skill, and dedication in their efforts to better the clan, and Blockland.  Ao2E has much higher standards, and requires a comprehensive application procedure for each division you are applying for.  You may apply for only one Primary Division at a time.  If you are accepted into a primary divison, you can submit a request, if you so choose, to become a member of a sub-division, or for a new division to be created.  You must be accepted into a primary division to be eligible for sub-divisions.  You may be a member of as many sub-divisions as you choose.  Ao2E strives to recognize the developed talent in blockland, and wants to make sure that the large range of higher level of abilities out there are properly recognized.

Primary Divisions
Click on a division for more information

Construction Division

The construction division is a high class building society.  Entry is rather difficult.  To apply for Ao2E Contruction Division, you must construct a unique application specifically for Ao2E with photo proof that you made the build.  Typically, photo proof would be some screenshots of the build in progress, easily obtained from the automatic screenshot taken when saving.  In addition to one unique building application, you must also include two examples of your previous work (cross application for the two additional examples is permitted, no photo proof neccessary).  These two examples should be significantly different in style from each other, and from your unique application since the point is to demonstrate that you are proficient in more than one style of building, and able to be flexible.

3D Modeling Division

3D Modeling is an important part of Blockland, adding a level of customization that cannot be attained through scripting alone, and opening a lot of doors for the Builders.  The 3D modeling requirements are very similar to the Construction requirements.  You must complete one unique modeling application with some proof that it is yours.  In order for a 3D model to be considered as an application, it must have animations and function correctly in game.  In addition, you are required to show at least two examples of your previous work, and while these are not required to be completed, it is helpful for your application for them to be.  The models should be unique from eachother.  You are not likely to be accepted if you present three generic guns all with the similar animations.

Scripting Division

Scripting is the engine that drives the game, and the force that manipulates how your game works and what is in it.  Scripting application requirements, like the other two, requires three completed scripts.  The first script needs to be a unique Ao2E application.  If a script is released, it is ineligible as an Ao2E application, but you are welcome to release it afterward.  Your unique application should be finished and be made user friendly, as if you were to release it, whether you plan to or not.  In addition, you must also show two examples of your previous work, each functionally different from each other to demonstrate a wide knowledge and a proficient scripting ability.

Sub-Divisions

Application requirements for sub-divisions vary depending on what primary division you are in.  Ask in a post or PM me for your specific requirements.  You may only apply for sub-divisions if you are accepted into a primary division.  You may request new sub-divisions to be created if you so choose.
The current sub divisions are as follows:
  • Eventing
  • Graphic Design
  • User Interfacing
  • Filming + Video Editing
  • Administration

Member List

Construction
  • None

3D Modeling
  • None

Scripting
  • Nexus [4833] - Administration

Gallery

No applications have yet been submitted.  Accepted applications will be added to the gallery.

Additional Info

If you have any questions, you can send me a PM or email me at hoff121324@gmail.com
I thought i was in the new clan aswell

I'm assuming that my maps can get me in Ao2E amirite.

I thought i was in the new clan aswell

Application is required.
Also, please snip that.

I'm assuming that my maps can get me in Ao2E amirite.

If you can model interiors, then yes, it is likely.  However, using the mission editor alone will not.

I made a mapping sub section just for you, but you still need to get into a primary division.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:45:03 PM by Nexus »

If you can model interiors, then yes, it is likely.  However, using the mission editor alone will not.

I made a mapping sub section just for you, but you still need to get into a primary division.
Yes, I can model interiors, I'm pretty good with TC.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=160957.0

Yes, I can model interiors, I'm pretty good with TC.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=160957.0

It looks like you have plenty of examples of previous work, but you still need to make an original application.  I assume you are aiming at the 3D modeling division, and for you, I can let up on having required animations, but if you can do animated interiors (possible?), that would be a massive bonus.