Author Topic: VH joined a band  (Read 3020 times)

So I met this guy in school today who offered me lead guitarist and backing vocals position for his band, I just auditioned over the phone a few minutes ago and I got the position, so yay. :D

I just auditioned over the phone
So you actually sang to him over the phone? Pray to god it's not some prank.

So....he made you sing for the position of lead guitar.....and background vocals......why does this reek of trap to me? Wouldn't he be more interested in how you play the guitar rather than how you'd sound behind his voice?

So you actually sang to him over the phone? Pray to god it's not some prank.

I was playing guitar, I probably will show him my growling (it's a death metal band) in person.

So....he made you sing for the position of lead guitar.....and background vocals......why does this reek of trap to me? Wouldn't he be more interested in how you play the guitar rather than how you'd sound behind his voice?

I never sang, not only will there not be singing since it's metal but the guy I am talking to is the drummer, and as I said before- I played the guitar over the phone. I talked to the bassist on the phone as well and I'll be meeting the rest of the band in person on Monday.

phone quality it stuff
So is most grunge music...which is the way it's supposed to be and that's why we love it.  :cookieMonster:

Congrats VH! I hope you become famous one day. Yeah right. :P

VH, you must give me your autograph so I can sell it for millions about 20 years from now.

i'm the lead guitarist for a band, but we suck

our first practice is saturday woo

also i call BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Me too.

but does your band suck like mine does?

i think not.

your point is invalid!

i'm the lead guitarist for a band, but we suck

our first practice is saturday woo

also i call BATTLE OF THE BANDS

YOU'RE ON!

but does your band suck like mine does?

i think not.

your point is invalid!
I didn't quote the 'sucky' bit.

We don't suck, but we had the noise control people come round at 1:50pm on a Sunday afternoon.
Damn 100W amps.

I'd challenge Linde if I could.