Author Topic: The Chronology of the Blockland Forums  (Read 252024 times)

i think badspot somehow is still profiting off the forum via ads so its not gonna go down unless it starts losing money

i think badspot somehow is still profiting off the forum via ads so its not gonna go down unless it starts losing money
is the money that he gains from them really anything significant tho

is the money that he gains from them really anything significant tho

probably nothing lucrative but if its generating at least some amount of profit its worth keeping up, nothing really happens on here anymore
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 04:48:14 PM by News »

probably nothing lucrative but if its generating at least some amount of profit its worth keeping up, nothing really happens on here anymore
i mean, there are thousands of bots scouring the forums at any given time, but im not too sure on how ad revenue is accrued through smf

Quote from: the bottom of the home page
Most Online Today: 630. Most Online Ever: 1945 (March 20, 2024, 02:05:52 PM)
it makes me wonder if he's found a money glitch
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 07:33:34 PM by blockguy™ »

last i heard the forums are entirely self hosted by badspot, and the site doesn't accept file large file uploads (2MB max).
it's probably cheap enough that a single game sale can likely fund the server expenses for another couple of months. especially now that activity is at a minimum.

the forum costs pennies to host a month according to him (as it is self hosted) so fortunately (or unfortunately) its unlikely to suddenly disappear

yeah i was pretty sure it was self hosted but i was basing that off of information i had heard off hand years ago at this point

I was looking at Kickstarter and some of the stuff I tried backing in the past and was reminded of this Paper Mario-esque detective game that never ended up releasing:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/866472486/hotel-noir-a-cardboard-caper?ref=user_menu
I went down a short rabbit hole trying to find out where I even found this small project to begin with, only to realize it was something Mr.Nobody was working on.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=321012.msg9932309
I found some tweets from a 2d/3d artist dated last year indicating that the game is still being very slowly developed.

I hope everyone is doing well.

if you guys really want to get the forums shut down just start posting nintendo-related content